FYI…NOT Patrick J. Buchanan
The following is a compilation from mainstream media reports and other investigative research available on the web. (see also Paul Thompson, The Terror Timeline, 2004) Most of it never again repeated, clues, ‘dots’ never connected:
- The World Trade Center needed repair since the late 1980s, some $200 million in renovations and improvements, mostly related to removal and/or replacement of building materials declared health hazards since the Towers were built. The WTC was labeled an “asbestos bombshell”. In fact, the Port Authority thought of the WTC as a dinosaur, trying several times to get permits to demolish the buildings for liability reasons. The PA was turned down. The asbestos problem was no secret. The sole reason the complex was still up on 9/11/2001 was the cost of taking the Twin Towers down floor by floor. (www.thenation.com/blogs/edcut?pid=173207)
- Larry Silverstein, a New York property tycoon purchased a 99-year lease for the entire WTC complex just 6 months prior to the 9/11 attacks. That was the first time in its 33-year history the complex had ever changed ownership. Mr. Silverstein, who must have known about the asbestos problem, made a down-payment of $124 million on this $3.2 billion complex, and promptly insured it for $3.6 billion. He also covered the complex against “terrorist attacks”. In the contract Mr. Silverstein was also specifically given the right to rebuild the structures if they were destroyed. Mr. Silverstein’s first order of business as the new owner was to change the company responsible for the security of the complex. The new security company he hired was Securacom (now Stratasec). George W. Bush’s brother, Marvin Bush, was on its board of directors, and Marvin’s cousin, Wirt Walker III, was its CEO. According to public records, not only did Securacom provide electronic security for the World Trade Center, it also covered Dulles International Airport and United Airlines – two key players in the 9/11 attacks. Following the attacks, Mr. Silverstein filed two insurance claims for the maximum amount of the policy ($7.2B), based on the two — in Mr. Silverstein’s view — separate attacks. The insurance company, Swiss Re, paid Mr. Silverstein $4.6 Billion, still a princely return on a relatively paltry investment of $124 million. Incidentally, it’s worth noting that one of Mr. Silverstein’s closest friends, a person with whom it’s said he speaks almost daily by phone, is none other than former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. It was also Mr. Netanyahu, who back in 1986 coined the phrase The War on Terror… (www.informationliberation.com/index.php?id=15459)
- Back in October 2000, about 11 months prior to September 11, 2001, a former Israeli Defense Force member and veteran of the 1973 Yom Kippur War overheard a conversation in Hebrew in New Jersey, “The Americans will learn what it is to live with terrorists after the planes hit the twins in September… The Arabs are so stupid. They don’t even imagine that we are using them.” (www.muckrakerreport.com/id387.html)
- On 9/11 at least two Israel-based employees of the instant messaging service Odigo received warnings of an imminent attack in New York City more than two hours before the first plane hit the buildings. Odigo had its U.S. headquarters two blocks from the WTC. The Odigo employees, however, did not pass the warning on to the authorities in New York City. (Washington Post, 9/27/01) Odigo, like many Israeli software companies, is based and has its Research and Development center in Herzliya, the small town north of Tel Aviv, which happens to be where the headquarters of Mossad, Israel’s intelligence service are located.
- Also on 9/11/2001 five “Middle Eastern men” were arrested in New Jersey by the FBI after having been seen on a roof top videotaping and celebrating the explosive collapses of the WTC. “It looked like they knew what was going to happen.” (Bergen Record, 9/12/01) It was later confirmed that the five detained men were in fact agents of the Israeli military intelligence, Mossad. Their “moving van” from a Weehawken, N.J. company called Urban Moving Systems tested positive for explosives. Another employee of Urban Moving Systems, reported that the majority of his co-workers were Israelis and were joking on the day of the attacks. The employee said, ‘I was in tears, and these guys were joking, and that bothered me.’ These guys (Israelis) were like, “Now America knows what we go through.” (www.whatreallyhappened.com/sears.html)
Dominic Suter, the Israeli owner of Urban Moving Systems, fled in haste after 9/11/2001, or was allowed to escape, to Israel before FBI agents could interrogate him. (Forward, 3/15/02)
The arrested five Israelis were released after spending just 71 days in U.S. custody. The Assistant Attorney General in charge of criminal investigations at the time was Michael Chertoff, the current head of the Dept. of Homeland Security. Chertoff, the son of Israel’s first Mossad agents, facilitated the 9-11 cover-up, is thought to be a dual national. (www.whatreallyhappened.com/sears.html)
One of the released Israeli agents later told Israeli radio that they had been sent to “document the event”…
(ABC News, 6/1/02)
- Carl Cameron of Fox News wrote an extensive 4-part report about Urban Moving Systems and the five Israelis. While it is no longer available at the Fox site, it has been saved in various archives on the web. (www.antiwar.com/justin/pf/p-j062402.html)
He was also told by an unnamed US official “Evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is classified. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It’s classified information.”
- Senator Bob Graham (D-FL) was quoted saying: “I think there is very compelling evidence that at least some of the terrorists were assisted not just in financing – although that was part of it – by a sovereign government… It will become public at some point when it’s turned over to the archives, but that’s 20 or 30 years from now.”
- Investigators within the DEA, INS and FBI have all told Fox News that to ‘pursue or even suggest Israeli spying… is considered career suicide’… (Fox News, 12/12/01)
- Another FBI official said to Cameron: “While I agree with you, if I say anything about US geopolitical interests with Israel, I might as well clean off my desk.” Indeed, Carl Cameron of Fox News, himself is no longer willing to address the issue, comment or even acknowledge anything about his own research into the subject…
As to Osama bin Laden’s so-called ‘confession video’, Hani Sebai, a British electronics specialist talking to the BBC, called it ‘a clear fabrication, a classic cut-and-paste job ‘ using an Osama wedding video. In an in-person interview given to the Pakistani paper Umat that was also broadcast on BBC, bin Laden denied any involvement in the 9/11 attacks. There would indeed be little incentive for someone to disavow a deed of this magnitude, for which he would be praised, to which he is supposedly dedicated to carrying through. (Ralph Schoenmann,Taking Aim, 7/12/2005)
The official investigation under the control of the neocon Philip Zelikow thwarted any attempt at discovering the truth behind the attacks. Any questioning of the official narrative, be it by victim relatives, architects, engineers, physicists or other patriotic Americans can simply be silenced as crazy ‘conspiracy theory’.
(www.911truth.org, patriotsquestion911.com, www.ae911truth.org)
The implication of the Arabs in the 9/11 attacks with the full support of the Zionist-controlled mass media gave the Israelis the perfect opportunity to sear the image of the ‘Arab terrorist’ onto the American psyche.
Former Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, was asked a day later what the attacks in New York and Washington would mean for US-Israeli relations. He said, “It’s very good”. Then he corrected himself, adding: “Well, it’s not good, but it will generate immediate sympathy for Israel from Americans”… (New York Times, 9/12/01)
“From national networks to small-town newspapers, the view that America’s terrible taste of terrorism will finally do away with even modest calls for the restraint of Israeli military attacks on Palestinian towns has become an instant, unshakable axiom… Now, support for Israel in America is officially absolute…” (Village Voice, 9/19/01)
Whether Israel and its allies here just allowed it to happen or were involved in the planning and execution, their motive was correctly identified by Neil Mackay in the Nov. 2, 2003 issue of the Scottish ‘Sunday Herald':
“to bind America in blood and mutual suffering to the Israeli cause “.
That’s exactly why you won’t see these connections in the mainstream media, this is the truth that is really unspeakable…