“But they apparently were rejected by the civilian leadership and have gone undisclosed for nearly 40 years.” (U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War with Operation Northwoods – ABC News)
The Daily Mail, on 6 August 2005, told us about the Pentagon’s Operation Northwoods, which dates back to 1962 and whose documents have been released from the official archives:
“In the Pentagon, a top secret team drew up a plan to simultaneously send up two airliners painted and numbered exactly the same, one from a civil airport in America, the other from a secret military airbase nearby.
“The one from the airport would have military personnel on board who had checked in as ordinary passengers under false names.
“The one from the airbase would be an empty drone, a remote-controlled unmanned aircraft.
“Somewhere along their joint flight paths, the passenger-carrying plane would drop below radar height, and disappear, landing back at the airbase and unloading its occupants in secret.
“Meanwhile, the drone would have taken up the other plane’s designated course.” (http://colorado.indymedia.org/newswire/display/11500/index.php)
The drone was to crash and the world was to be told that innocent people had been killed.
Operation Northwoods was to involve the killing of Americans. (Operation Northwoods – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) It was vetoed by the Kennedy government.
In September 2009, Asia Times, whose website gets around 2 million readers per year, had articles by Pepe Escobar entitled Fifty Question on 9/11 and More questions on 9/11
Here is a paraphrase of some of the points.:
1. In early 2001, Afghanistan’s Mullah Omar reportedly offered to deal with Osama in exchange for the lifting of sanctions. Why was the US government apparently not interested?
(Sudan’s minister of defense, Fatih Erwa, has claimed that Sudan offered to hand Bin Ladin over to the United States.)
2. Eight of the people on the original FBI list of 9 11 hijackers were found to be still alive after 9 11. How could this be?
3. All four planes allegedly involved in 9 11 have thousands of parts with a serial number. Why was not a single one of them recovered?
4. How come the cell phones (allegedly) worked on the 9 11 planes?
5. Why did the stock market see an enormous surge in ‘put options’ on United Airlines and American Airlines on the day before 9 11?
6. How did the passport of alleged hijacker Satam al Suqami survive in the World Trade Center debris? The flight recorders did not survive.
7. Why was a military grade of thermite found at all sample sites surrounding Ground Zero?
8. A large number of 9/11 witnesses heard and saw explosions going off inside the Twin Towers long before their collapse. How come?
9. Why did the BBC confirm live on air the collapse of the WTC 7 building – which was not even hit by any plane – no less than 23 minutes before it actually collapsed?
10. Dov Zakheim was CEO of SPC, a company making systems for remote control of airplanes.
Six months before 9/11, he became supervisor of a group of Pentagon comptrollers responsible for tracking $2.3 trillion missing from the Pentagon books.
Many of these comptrollers died on 9/11.
Why has there been no investigation of Dov Zakheim?
11. Five Israelis set up a video camera on top of their white van pointing at the Twin Towers before they were hit. Later they were seen celebrating.
According to the FBI, two were Mossad agents. They admitted on Israeli TV that they had been sent to New York to “document” the attacks. What was going on?
12. Two US employees of Odigo, an Israeli company based in Herzliya, the headquarters of Mossad, received a text message about the attack on the WTC two hours before it happened.
13. ICTS International was the company responsible for airport security at Dulles, Logan and Newark airports on 9/11.
This company, owned by Ezra Harel and Menachem Atzmon, employed lots of former Israeli Shin Bet agents. Why has the company not been investigated?
14. Larry Silverstein leased the WTC seven weeks before 9/11.
Silverstein over-insured the WTC against terrorism. Why?
15. Why was anthrax mailed to the only two US senators who voted against the Patriot Act?
16. Situation room director Deborah Loewer followed Bush to Florida on 9/11 although that is not part of her job description? Why?
17. We have not been shown the full tapes from the Pentagon’s security cameras. The hole in the Pentagon is smaller than the hole that would be caused by a Boeing 757. No significant plane debris and no remains of passengers were ever found. How come?
18. The 9/11 Commission did not consult engineers and architects who could have shown that steel and concrete towers cannot dissolve into molten metal and fine powder in only 10 seconds after localized and relatively low-temperature fires. Kerosene cannot melt steel. What was going on?
19. The 9/11 Commission did not consult airline specialists who could have explained that trainee pilots, who had practiced on light aircraft for a few weeks, could not land a jet on the ground floor of the Pentagon. Why not?
20. The two co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission, Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, wrote in the New York Times in January 2008 that the CIA “failed to respond to our lawful requests for information about the 9/11 plot [and] obstructed our investigation.” What was going on?
21. Osama bin Laden has not been formally indicted by the FBI, in connection with for 9/11. Why not?
22. How could all the alleged 19 ‘hijackers’ have been identified in less than 72 hours, without a crime scene investigation?
23. None of the 19 ‘hijackers’ appeared on the passenger lists released the same day by both United Airlines and American Airlines. How come?
24. Why did Mohammed Atta study flight simulation at place surrounded six US Navy training bases?
(Why did Atta choose to learn to fly at a Venice, Florida airport reportedly long used for CIA operations?)
25. There were eight indestructible black boxes on those four 9 11 flights. Who has got them?
26. 4 hijacked planes, deviating from their flight paths, were allowed to fly around US airspace for more than an hour and a half. The Pentagon’s defense systems did not work. Why?
27. Secretary of the US Air Force James Roche did not try to intercept the planes that hit the WTC (which is seven minutes away from McGuire Air Force Base) and the Pentagon (10 minutes away from McGuire). Why not?
28. When the attacks took place, why did George W Bush continue to recite “My Pet Goat” in his Florida school and why was he was not instantly taken to safety by the secret service?
29. Bush claims he saw the first plane hitting the WTC as it happened. How come? Video of the first plane hitting the tower did not surface until AFTER the second plane had hit World Trade Center.
30. A number of experienced airline pilots say that the complex flying maneuvers of 9 11 could only have been accomplished by remote control. So?
31. Frank de Martini, WTC’s construction manager, said “We designed the building to resist the impact of one or more jetliners.” So?
32. Mayor Rudolph Giuliani authorized the immediate shipment of WTC rubble to China and India for recycling. Why?
33. Metallic debris was found 13 kilometers from the crash site of the plane that went down in Pennsylvania. Was the plane shot down?
34. Former Pakistani foreign minister Niaz Niak said in July 2001 that the US had already decided to attack Afghanistan by October 2001. Was 9 11 to be the excuse?
35. US ambassador to Yemen Barbara Bodine told FBI agent John O’Neill in July 2001 to stop investigating al-Qaeda’s financial operations. Why?
36. According to French state radio and Le Figaro newspaper, Bin Laden was admitted to the American hospital in Dubai on 4 July 2001, after flying from Pakistan. (Reportedly Osama met the CIA’s Larry Mitchell at the American hospital.) What was going on?
37. Why did president Bill Clinton abort an attack on Bin Laden in October 1999?
38. George W Bush dissolved the Bin Laden Task Force nine months before 9/11. Why?
39. The boss of Pakistan intelligence (ISI) was Lieutenant General Ahmad.
According to Indian intelligence, Ahmed arranged to have US$100,000 sent to Mohammed Atta in the summer of 2001.
Pakistan’s intelligence (ISI) chief Lieutenant General Ahmad was in Washington during the week of 9 11. He met all the CIA and Pentagon top brass.