At the invitation of the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, Russian President Vladimir Putin 05.04 October 2012 visit to the Republic of Tajikistan on an official visit.
The Heads of State during the talks held in an atmosphere of friendship and mutual understanding, confirmed their willingness to deepen the political dialogue, identify ways of further development of the Russian-Tajik relations. The sides discussed topical international and regional issues of mutual interest.
1. The Heads of State noted with satisfaction the steady positive dynamics of interaction between Russia and Tajikistan in the political, economic, humanitarian, military, military-technical cooperation and reaffirm their continued commitment to the principles and obligations enshrined in the Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance between the Russian Federation and Republic of Tajikistan on May 25, 1993, the Treaty on allied relations between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tajikistan, oriented in the XXI century, from 16 April 1999, as well as the positions of the Parties, as recorded in the Joint Statement of the President of the Russian Federation and the President of the Republic of Tajikistan on September 2, 2011 year.
Confirmed a strong disposition to strengthen the relations of friendship, strategic partnership and their transfer to a new level that will benefit both nations, their security and prosperity.
2. Both sides expressed the desire to build up contacts at the highest levels, to deepen cooperation in the interests of efficiency of cooperation on key issues of bilateral relations and international issues.
3. Stressing the importance of mutually beneficial economic ties, the presidents noted the need to enhance the role of the bilateral intergovernmental commission on economic cooperation in order to broaden the base of economic, trade and investment cooperation, topical solutions for Tajikistan economic tasks through the effective use of the economic potential of the two countries, the preservation and further development mutual benefit of industrial, economic, scientific and technical relations.
The heads of state are going to focus on the effective implementation of programs of bilateral economic cooperation.
The Parties will give priority to increasing the volume of industrial diversification and economic cooperation through joint implementation of projects in the mining, construction areas, light and food industries, production of industrial goods and agricultural products processing.
4. The President supports investment participation of Russian companies in oil and gas exploration and development of the fuel and energy potential of Tajikistan. The Russian side will continue to take concrete action on geological survey for oil and gas allocated to the areas of Tajikistan, as well as in the mining industry, in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural products in both countries, the banking sector and other promising segments of the Tajik economy.
5. The Heads of State reiterated their principled commitment to deepen mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of water and energy resources of the Republic of Tajikistan, which is part of their strategic partnership.
6. Tajik Party welcomes the intention of the Russian authorities to take part in regional energy projects. The Russian side will fully support the efforts of the Tajik parties to use its hydropower capacity to promote regional development.
7. The parties will fully promote the activities of Russian and Tajik investors, ensure legal protection of business interests, to promote an effective joint ventures, to take practical measures for the rational deployment of new and modernization of existing facilities.
8. Marked by a mutual interest in creating the necessary conditions for the expansion of economic and cultural cooperation between the regions as an efficient and promising form of strengthening the economic and humanitarian components of their relationship, strongly encourage direct business relations at the level of regions.
9. Emphasized mutual readiness to further coordination in the field of disaster management and human-induced disasters.
10. Will take concrete steps to implement steps to deepen cooperation in improving legal mechanisms for regulating labor migration, including the establishment of an appropriate legal and social conditions for migrant workers in each other by increasing the time of their registration and work permits.
11. Parties condemned nationalism and xenophobia, incitement of ethnic hatred, and noted the importance of taking appropriate measures to suppress, in their territories of the organizations, groups or individuals who incite violence against citizens because of their nationality.
12. Continue to deepen cooperation in military and military-technical cooperation on the basis of relevant agreements and programs, as well as in strengthening the external borders of the Commonwealth of Independent States in its Tajik-Afghan area, both on a bilateral basis and within the framework of regional organizations.
13. Highly evaluated the status of implementation of the existing agreements in the military field. It was noted that the military cooperation between Russia and Tajikistan successfully developing in all directions. The parties stressed the importance of a signed package of documents on cooperation in military and military-technical cooperation, including the Agreement on the status and conditions of the Russian military base (201 RMB) in the Republic of Tajikistan, in order to effectively meet the challenges and threats to national and regional security.
The parties confirmed their readiness to provide all the necessary conditions for the full implementation of obligations under the above agreement to address the base of its tasks.
14. Presidents will provide state support of the Russian language in Tajikistan and the Tajik language in Russia will contribute to regular meetings between representatives of the scientific and public circles, artists.
15. Reaffirmed the commitment to the purposes and principles of the UN Charter. Awarded priority of strengthening the central coordinating role of the United Nations and its Security Council in international affairs. Interaction will be enhanced in order to increase the effectiveness of multilateral efforts to promote peace, security and stability and the prevention of armed conflicts, the peaceful settlement of disputes, counter global challenges such as terrorism, extremism, drug trafficking and other forms of transnational organized crime.
16. The Presidents noted the need for deeper economic integration in the CIS, CSTO turning into a central institution counter a wide range of threats and challenges in the area of responsibility of the Organization.
17. Parties will continue to work to improve the activities of the Commonwealth of Independent States on the basis of further development of the Concept Plan and the key actions for its implementation, will strive to adopt effective measures aimed at the development of integration and cooperation relations within the CIS.
18. Realizing the potential for further cooperation will be promoted practical cooperation in the political, economic and other fields in the framework of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization to deepen good-neighborly, friendly and partnership relations between the Member States, the empowerment of the SCO effectively confront challenges.
19. Russia and Tajikistan will continue to promote the reform initiatives of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in order to turn it into an effective mechanism for collective interaction while maintaining the inviolability of the principle of consensus as the basis for the functioning of the OSCE.
20. Confirmed the relevance of inter-parliamentary relations. Expressed the belief that the supreme legislative bodies of both countries will continue to make a significant contribution to the development of a multi-faceted and mutually beneficial cooperation between Russia and Tajikistan.
21. Presidents discussed the situation in Afghanistan, confirmed the importance of promoting the early establishment of peace and harmony in this country, given the UN’s leading role in international efforts for Afghan settlement, called for increased cooperation on Afghanistan in bilateral and multilateral formats.
As one of the priority areas in the maintenance of regional stability, the parties shall consider the prevention of terrorist and narcotic threats emanating from Afghanistan.
22. The Parties shall take the necessary measures to further expand and improve the legal framework for bilateral relations with a view to practical cooperation between the foreign, economic, defense and other departments.
23. Heads of State stressed the importance of the Agreement signed by the Parties on the status and conditions of the Russian military base in Tajikistan, the memorandum on cooperation in the military field, in the supply of petroleum products and the further development of cooperation in the field of migration.
The parties agreed as soon as possible to develop and prepare to sign the intergovernmental agreement on the basis of the memorandum.
24. The President expressed confidence that the implementation of the agreements, as reflected in this statement will serve to deepen the strategic partnership and allied relations between the two countries in order to improve the well-being of their peoples and in strengthening peace, stability and prosperity in the entire region of Central Asia.
Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed his gratitude to the President of the Republic of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon, all Tajik people for the warm welcome and hospitality extended to the Russian delegation, and invited the head of the Republic of Tajikistan to visit Russia at a convenient time.
The invitation was accepted with gratitude.
Dushanbe, October 5, 2012