Karadzic and Bosnia Was Practice for What the CIA Is Now Doing To Syria and Bashar al-Assad

“You know, I was offered by Clinton in April 1993 (after the fall of Cerska and Konjevic Polje) that the Chetnik forces enter Srebrenica, carry out a slaughter of 5,000 Muslims, and then there will be a military intervention.”–President Izetbegovic, Interview with Hakija Meholjic, president of Social Democratic Party for Srebrenica, by Hasan Hadzic

[Srebrenica was sacrificed by Bill Clinton and friends in order to create a false flag scenario, which would generate public sympathy for the Bosnian “Islamist” terrorists, just like the current set-up in Syria.  The CIA sets-up Islamist puppets for someone else to brutally knock-down, in order to deceive world opinion into perceiving terrorists as “victims (SEE: Oric is threatening to reveal the truth about Srebrenica).]

 

Karadzic denies Bosnia war crimes as he starts defense

Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic talks to member of his legal team Marko Sladojevic in the courtroom on the first day of his defense against war crime charges at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in The Hague October 16, 2012. REUTERS/ Robin van Lonkhuijsen

By Thomas Escritt

THE HAGUE | Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50am EDT

(Reuters) – Former Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic, accused of some of the worst atrocities in Europe since World War Two, told judges he should be praised for promoting peace, not charged with war crimes, an assertion hotly denied by victims watching the trial.

Beginning his defense, Karadzic accused Bosnian Muslims of deliberately staging some of the atrocities against their own people to win international support, drawing gasps of disbelief from Muslim survivors in the gallery of the court on Tuesday.

Karadzic is one of three Serb leaders brought to trial in The Hague for war crimes during the violent break-up of multi-ethnic Yugoslavia between 1991 and 1999, in which more than 100,000 people were killed and millions were displaced.

Now 67 and still recognizable by his shock of white hair, he is defending against himself charges of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, and cross-examined witnesses himself.

Looking resigned but relaxed and reading from a pre-written speech, he said Muslims had faked the circumstances of two shellings of a marketplace in the Bosnian capital Sarajevo during a siege by Serb forces. More than 100 people were killed.

“Sarajevo is my city, and any story that we would shell Sarajevo without any reason is untrue,” he said, reiterating long-standing allegations by the Serb side which have already been refuted by the Hague tribunal in an earlier case.

Prosecutors at the International Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia say Karadzic was jointly responsible for the shelling of Sarajevo when Bosnian Serb forces besieged it from 1992-6.

He is also charged with being behind the massacre of 8,000 Bosnian Muslims in Srebrenica in 1995.

“Instead of being accused, I should have been rewarded for all the good things I have done,” he told the court. “I did everything in human power to avoid the war. I succeeded in reducing the suffering of all civilians.”

Some of the victims expressed disgust at his words.

“It is difficult to even describe how I felt when I heard him saying this,” Kada Hotic, who lost 56 male family members in Srebrenica, told Reuters in Sarajevo.

“I lost so many family members only because they were Muslims in a territory that Karadzic desired to turn into exclusively Serb land. Is that peacemaking?” she said.

MARKET SHELLING

Karadzic said two separate shellings of a Sarajevo market place, in February 1994 and August 1995, in which a total of 105 people were killed and 234 injured, had been orchestrated.

During the trial of Dragomir Milosevic, chief of staff to the commander of the forces besieging Sarajevo, the court found Bosnian Serb forces were responsible for the 1995 shelling.

Karadzic also said a famous press photograph of an emaciated man standing behind barbed wire in what was apparently a concentration camp had been staged.

Fikret Alic, the detainee who appeared in that picture, was watching Karadzic’s statements from the gallery on Tuesday.

“It was a humiliation for me that even today he is maintaining that this story was made up,” he said.

Tribunal judges established in the trial of local leader Milomir Stakic, who was sentenced to 40 years’ imprisonment, that detainees were beaten and tortured in camps including Trnopolje, where Alic was detained.

“This trial has turned into a mockery of both the court and the victims,” said Zumra Sehomerovic, who lost her husband and son at Srebrenica.

Karadzic was warned by a judge that reading lengthy summaries of witness depositions would eat into the 300 hours he had been allocated to defend himself.

HARD TO HIDE

The tribunal has indicted Croats, Muslims, Serbs and Albanians on charges of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity in the former Yugoslavia.

The majority were ethnic Serbs, including the former head of state, army chief of staff, defense minister and speaker of the parliament, and many Serbs consider the tribunal to be biased.

For years, it had seemed the main war crimes suspects would stay out of the tribunal’s reach, until political changes in the region made it more difficult for them to hide.

A former psychiatrist, Karadzic was arrested in 2008 in Belgrade, where he had been living in disguise as a new age health guru.

Bosnian Serb military leader Ratko Mladic went on trial in The Hague this year, after 16 years on the run. Former Yugoslav and Serbian president Slobodan Milosevic died in 2006 before the end of his trial.

As Karadzic opened his defense, the tribunal also began the separate trial of its last suspect, the final chapter for an institution that has broken new ground in the investigation of conflicts and paved the way for a permanent war crimes court.

Goran Hadzic, the last of 161 suspects still alive and at large after the Yugoslav wars, is accused of murder, torture and forcible deportation at the very outset of those wars.

Prosecutors say Hadzic, president of the self-proclaimed Republic of Serbian Krajina from 1992-94, was responsible for killings and forced deportations of minority ethnic Croats from the region after Croatia broke away from Yugoslavia in 1991.

Already sentenced in his absence to a total of 40 years in prison by Croatian courts in the mid-1990s, Hadzic was finally detained by Serbian authorities in 2011.

(Additional reporting by Maja Zuvela in Sarajevo, Ivana Sekularac in Amsterdam; writing by Sara Webb; editing by Philippa Fletcher)

 

“Point West” Secret Contra Airstrip–Follow-Up On Google Map Censorship

Google Routinely Blurs Map Images To Help Governments Hide Their Secrets, Even Old Ones

10degrees 55′ 15.8″ N
85deg 43′ 2.3″ W     Map coordinates to concrete pad, where materiel was stored and received on the Pacific shore.

10degrees 54′ 37.2″  N
85deg  43′  8.3″ W      Point West secret Contra airstrip

Another take on the secret Contra Airstrip censorship by Google Maps.  Found this interactive map site, Flash Earth.  No embedding offered there, but they have this uncensored satellite view of Oliver North’s “Point West,” secret Contra Airstrip in northern Costa Rica, at the “site on the Santa Elena Peninsula which could be used as an extension of the the civil guard training center at Murcielago,” to quote Admiral Poindexter in his testimony to the US Congress, during the Iran/Contra Hearings.

The following snapshots were taken from the Flash Earth site:

Notice the unobstructed view of the airstrip and adjacent concrete warehousing pad.  Also notice that someone has obviously returned to the site, to turn the airstrip into a road by layering a one-lane mud patch down one side of the strip.  That mud track is now defined as a road on the Google site and this one. 

In the final photos below, you see the original Google snapshot, taken November 23, 2010, which shows the jungle overgrowing the site.  Either the overgrowth is a product on an ongoing drought, or the site has been physically altered by CIA day-laborers (probably “illegal immigrants”).

US Weapons ALWAYS End-Up In the Hands of the Terrorists–That Has Always Been the Secret Plan

“The opposition groups that are receiving the most of the lethal aid are exactly the ones we don’t want to have it,” one American official familiar with the situation told the New York Times.

–[TOTAL BULLSHIT from another anonymous American official and dutifully parroted by the NY Times.  

Those weapons went to exactly the people that the CIA wanted to receive them, just like they went to the original bad boys of the anti-Soviet mujahedeen, Hekmatyar, Haqqani and the rest.  All of these professional journalists know exactly who the US has been backing for all of these years and for exactly what reason.  America is the world’s primary source of State Terrorism and the party responsible for most war crimes and crimes against humanity for the past thirty years or more.]

US Weapons Are Ending Up In The Hands Of The Worst Possible Group In Syria

 

Most of the weapons being sent from Saudi Arabia and Qatar to Syrian rebels are going to hard-line Islamic jihadists as opposed to secular opposition groups that the West wants to strengthen, American officials and Middle Eastern diplomats told David Sanger of the New York Times.

In 2011 the U.S. sold $33.4 billion worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia and $1.7 billion to Qatar as sales tripled to a record high and accounted for nearly 78 percent of all global arms sales.

So although the U.S. is not sending arms directly to rebels, most of the weapons being sent by Saudi Arabia and Qatar were purchased from the U.S. and are being funneled to the opposition by the CIA.

The opposition groups that are receiving the most of the lethal aid are exactly the ones we don’t want to have it,” one American official familiar with the situation told the New York Times.

–[TOTAL BULLSHIT from another anonymous American official and dutifully parroted by the NY Times.  Those weapons went to exactly the people that the CIA wanted to have them, just like they went to the original bad boys of the anti-Soviet mujahedeen, like Hekmatyar.]

But if the U.S. may not have much of a choice if it wants to see Assad fall because a pro-opposition Middle Eastern diplomat told Senger that the Free Syrian Army (FSA) has “failed to assemble a clear military plan, [lacks] a coherent blueprint for governing Syria afterward if the Assad government fell, and [quarrels] too often among themselves” while the Islamist rebel brigades are the best rebel fighters andrecently decided to join forces.

March article by the Brookings Institution noted that “a key step” for U.S. or allied-armed opposition victory would be to make the opposition “more coherent” before arming them.

Without that initial coherence, arming the opposition has led to reports of “Islamist rebels buying weapons in large quantities and then burying them in caches, to be used after the collapse of the Assad government,” as Sanger notes.

Consequently, as we noted last week and American officials now acknowledge, the successful toppling of Assad may lead to armed and organized brigades of jihadist rebels competing for influence in the power vacuum that Syria would become.