If every dead child had been shot in the face 3-11 times with high-powered rifles and the boy left his rifle in the trunk, then he didn’t kill all of those people. Perhaps the two men in camouflage, seen (one captured) in the woods outside, were the real shooters. This staged massacre will be covered-up like all the rest, if the American people willingly accept such gaping holes in the official version of this terrorist attack, allowing our Fascist government to blame this military operation on a kid, another lone-gunman “patsy.” If we allow them to finish erecting the Fourth Reich around us, then we will all deserve the prison camps which will surely await us.
So glad that you all could stop by for a short visit.
Peter Chamberlin, editor
- TheIndyChannel.com Staff | Email Me
- Rafael Sanchez | Email Me
- Stephen Dean | Email Me
- Derrik Thomas | Email Me
INDIANAPOLIS – Three people have been arrested in the explosion on Indianapolis’ south side that killed two neighbors and damaged dozens of homes, RTV6 first reported Friday morning.
Monserrate Shirley and her boyfriend, Mark Leonard, who lived in the home, along with Leonard’s brother, Robert Leonard, were arrested Friday on 48 charges, including murder and arson. John and Jennifer Longworth died in the blast.
Special Section: Indy Explosion
Read: Probable Cause Affidavit
The couple, who lived in the home at 8349 Fieldfare Way along with Shirley’s 12-year-old daughter, was visiting a Lawrenceburg casino the night of Nov. 10 when the blast rocked their Richmond Hill subdivision, leveling five homes and damaging dozens more. Damage to homes was estimated at $4 million.
All three were charged with two counts of murder, one count of conspiracy to commit arson, 33 counts of arson, a Class B felony and 12 counts of arson, a Class A felony.
The three suspects will make their initial court appearance Dec. 24.
The death penalty will be under consideration in the case. A committee will review the case after at least 30 days.
“We will review the circumstances,” Curry said. “We will review their criminal histories of the individuals involved. We will consider if there are any mental health issues. We will consider the range of appropriate considerations before we make a decision.”
In a news conference late Friday morning, Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said the source of the blast was a microwave oven and detailed what is included in the probable cause affidavit.
“The microwave oven … had exploded from inside out,” Curry said. “The microwave oven was the point of ignition.”
Additionally, a natural gas step-down valve into the home had been removed and a gas valve in the fireplace was missing, investigators said.
Without the valve, investigators said, it took six to nine hours for the house to fill with gas to reach the combustibility to cause an explosion.
“The flow of gas at that volume would have occurred beginning mid- to late afternoon to reach the volume of the explosion that happened at 11 p.m.,” Curry said.
Curry said Bob Leonard and Mark Leonard told investigators that they had last seen each other Tuesday before the explosion, but investigators have surveillance video showing they were together Thursday and Friday.
On Friday, prosecutors said, both talked with a Citizens Energy employee, asking that person about gas and the difference between propane and natural gas.
On the day of the explosion, “a resident of Richmond Hill saw a white van … pull into the driveway of the residence between 2 and 3 p.m.,” Curry said.
The men were in the home briefly and hurriedly left, investigators determined, and Bob Leonard’s son said several items were in the van that had been taken from the home, including photos and financial documents.
Prosecutors said there could be more arrests.
Mayor Greg Ballard issued a statement Friday after the prosecutor’s news conference thanking all the agencies who aided in the investigation.
“The announcement of the arrests made today will not erase the scars of that fateful night, but I hope it comforts this grieving community that justice ultimately will prevail,” Ballard said.
Prosecutors Detail Failed Explosion Attempt
The probable cause affidavit indicates that an explosion had been planned for the weekend before the Nov. 10 blast.
The couple’s cat had been boarded both weekends, and Shirley’s daughter had been placed with a babysitter overnight on both Friday nights. Shirley and Mark Leonard went to a casino both weekends, too, Curry said.
Investigators said personal insurance on the home before the blast had been increased to $300,000 and that a thermostat in the house had been changed from a digital unit to a slide switch after the failed attempt. The slide switch creates a spark when activated.
Couple’s Financial Troubles
Authorities believe that the the explosion was concocted in a financial scheme. The Call 6 Investigators uncovered details pointing to significant financial problems for the couple.
Shirley filed bankruptcy in 2007 with her then-husband, but that case was dismissed this June because they failed to make the required payments, documents show.
According to court documents, the home had two mortgages — one for more than $160,000 and a second for nearly $65,000.
The 9-year-old home with four bedrooms and two and a half baths was put up for a short sale in March 2011, documents show.
The home was initially listed for $188,900, but the price was dropped to $154,900 four months later and to $149,900 in January, before it was taken off the market.
Interview After Explosion
RTV6 interviewed Shirley and Mark Leonard five days after the explosion.
“We consider ourselves pretty lucky right now, to be honest with you,” he said. “It’s miserable, but we’re making do with what we’ve got.”
The couple, who spoke in the office of their attorney, said they had lost
everything and had endured days of questioning with investigators.
“It’s a big devastation, and we’re doing everything we can do help the police investigators, the fire department, the (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives),” Leonard said.
“People are talking to me and asking me questions. I mean, I tell everyone the truth,” Shirley said. “Everybody’s after me, asking me questions. I’ve answered everything.”
Mark Leonard’s Criminal Background
The Call 6 Investigators have been looking into Leonard’s background and found a long string of arrests and criminal convictions in several counties.
In Johnson County, court documents show he’s scheduled for trial Jan. 3 on a charge of driving with a suspended license, and again on Jan. 4 over accusations he failed to repay a $3,300 loan.
In Marion County, Leonard’s criminal convictions date back to the late 1980s and include stalking, intimidation, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, being a habitual substance offender and dealing marijuana.
Leonard pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana in Lawrence County in 1998.
The same year, in Hancock County, he took a deal on charges of disorderly conduct, resisting law enforcement and residential entry.
Watch RTV6 and refresh this page for updates.
The pope at the age of 10 years of age joined the Hitler Youth in 1941 when it became compulsory for all German boys.—Catholic Online
[FORCED to join the Hitler Youth, my ass!!]
Victims of clerical sex abuse have reacted furiously to Pope Benedict’s claim yesterday that paedophilia wasn’t considered an “absolute evil” as recently as the 1970s.
In his traditional Christmas address yesterday to cardinals and officials working in Rome, Pope Benedict XVI also claimed that child pornography was increasingly considered “normal” by society.
“In the 1970s, paedophilia was theorised as something fully in conformity with man and even with children,” the Pope said.
“It was maintained — even within the realm of Catholic theology — that there is no such thing as evil in itself or good in itself. There is only a ‘better than’ and a ‘worse than’. Nothing is good or bad in itself.”
The Pope said abuse revelations in 2010 reached “an unimaginable dimension” which brought “humiliation” on the Church.
Asking how abuse exploded within the Church, the Pontiff called on senior clerics “to repair as much as possible the injustices that occurred” and to help victims heal through a better presentation of the Christian message.
“We cannot remain silent about the context of these times in which these events have come to light,” he said, citing the growth of child pornography “that seems in some way to be considered more and more normal by society” he said.
But outraged Dublin victim Andrew Madden last night insisted that child abuse was not considered normal in the company he kept.
Mr Madden accused the Pope of not knowing that child pornography was the viewing of images of children being sexually abused, and should be named as such.
He said: “That is not normal. I don’t know what company the Pope has been keeping for the past 50 years.”
Pope Benedict also said sex tourism in the Third World was “threatening an entire generation”.
Angry abuse victims in America last night said that while some Church officials have blamed the liberalism of the 1960s for the Church’s sex abuse scandals and cover-up catastrophes, Pope Benedict had come up with a new theory of blaming the 1970s.
“Catholics should be embarrassed to hear their Pope talk again and again about abuse while doing little or nothing to stop it and to mischaracterise this heinous crisis,” said Barbara Blaine, the head of SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests,
“It is fundamentally disturbing to watch a brilliant man so conveniently misdiagnose a horrific scandal,” she added.
“The Pope insists on talking about a vague ‘broader context’ he can’t control, while ignoring the clear ‘broader context’ he can influence — the long-standing and unhealthy culture of a rigid, secretive, all-male Church hierarchy fixated on self-preservation at all costs. This is the ‘context’ that matters.”
The latest controversy comes as the German magazine Der Spiegel continues to investigate the Pope’s role in allowing a known paedophile priest to work with children in the early 1980s.
MOSCOW, December 21 (RIA Novosti) – The Russian Foreign Ministry on Friday criticized the United States’ reluctance to back the Russian-proposed UN resolution against the glorification of Nazism.
The UN General Assembly adopted the resolution on Thursday. A total of 130 countries approved the document, while the US, Canada, and Palau voted against it and another 54 countries, including the Baltic States, abstained.
“We are highly perplexed and regret the fact that the US, Canada and Palau voted against this document, while the delegations of EU member states abstained during the vote on the resolution, which was backed by the overwhelming majority of UN member states,” the ministry said.
The resolution condemns the construction of memorials in honor of former Nazis and Waffen-SS soldiers and the holding of public pro-Nazi demonstrations. It also calls for action to be taken to prevent neo-Nazi ideas being circulated on the Internet.
“We hope that the adoption of the resolution will send a clear signal to those countries where there is a long overdue need to take most decisive measures to counter increased attempts at glorifying Nazism, including those who served with the Waffen-SS,” the statement said.