[The time has come when your remaining Constitutional rights will be revoked, one-by-one, allegedly for the Common Good. Obama is there to ram the American police state down our throats. I don’t swallow, do you?]
ALERT: Legislation Details:
By Mac Slavo & Ed Thomas
For anyone who may have thought Senator Feinstein and her colleagues in Congress were bluffing about coming firearms legislation that would restrict the sale, transfer and possession of certain firearms, think again.
A summary of the proposed legislation has been made available, and it’s a whopper.
Among outright banning 120 ‘assault’ related firearms (such as AR-15′s and AK-47′s), the bill will also target any weapon that utilizes a “detachable magazine,” as well as any magazine with a capacity of over ten rounds, which would include semi-automatic handguns and shotguns.
Moreover, if you already own a firearm or modification that ends up on the ban list, you will be required under Federal law to register that gun, complete with a background check, fingerprinting and local law enforcement verification.
Those who have recently purchased firearms that would fall under the ban may soon find Federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) at their door looking to confiscate ‘illegal’ weapons or engage in home searches for illegal accessories like ‘high capacity’ magazines (over 10 rounds), flash suppressors, pistol grips, and bullet buttons (a feature designed to circumvent ‘fixed’ magazine laws in states like California).
The following is a summary of the proposed Assault Weapons Legislation:
Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
(Also available in PDF)
What Is an Assault Rifle? (You’ve probably been lied to):
Ammunition, namely the purchase of bulk ammunition, has not been mentioned in the legislation summary. However, previous reports indicate that the purchase of large amounts of ammunition through the internet and directly from dealers may also be in Congress’ sights.
Are Americans prepared to give up their guns?
In Los Angeles, where millions of residents depend on government support to feed their families and receive healthcare, hundreds of cars lined up for hours for a local buy-back program that promised to exchange guns for $100 grocery gift cards.
Thousands of handguns, rifles, and antique firearms were turned in – for food.
The lock-down is coming and it’s going to start when Congress reconvenes on January 3, 2013.
Many Americans, who have no concept of why the Second Amendment exists in the first place, will accept it without protest.
Ed Thomas of www.TheDailySheeple.com contributed to this report.
Contributed by Mac Slavo and Ed Thomas of SHTFplan.com