Lashkar e-Taiba Leader Hopes To Revive Jihad In Kashmir After US Leaves Afghanistan

[It appears that the Lashkar-e-Taiba hand may be the ones which wielded the deadly blades that severed the Jawan heads (SEE:  Hafiz Saeed visited PoK before attack on Indian soldiers).  This helps us to plainly see “Plan B for Pakistan.”  Saeed’s recent overture to Baloch nationalists, trying to bring something like “Peace” into the region, is consistent with the idea that new war between the two nuclear-armed neighbors is on the horizon.   The Pak Army likes to fight one war at a time.   If it actually comes to that, expect one of the sides to resort to nuclear weapons quite early in the fight.  

The leaders in Kashmir have taken-up the meme of defending against the “fallout of the failed Afghan war.”  Everybody expects civil war in Afghanistan after the American withdrawal, which will generate a tsunami of Afghan refugees and Central Asian refugees who will be returning home, followed by a flood of  Taliban.  Taking for granted another Taliban victory in any renewed Afghan civil war, it is reasonable to assume that the jihadis in Afghanistan may be looking for gainful employment in Kashmir after 2014.  If Pakistan has actually decided on a “Plan B” that transfers its military struggle from Waziristan or Balochistan to Kashmir, it is because America has forced them to do it.  Pakistan and India were honestly looking for the road which leads to peace before American proxies took over Pakistan’s Tribal Regions.  Payback for one bloody drone strike too many may turn-out to be extremely high.]

Jihad will revive in Kashmir in 2014: Hafiz Saeed, Salahuddin tell Hurriyat delegation

A delegation of separatists leaders from Jammu and Kashmir on a visit to Pakistan last month also met Hafiz Saeed and Syed Salahuddin
Riyaz Wani
Riyaz Wani

Members of Kashmiri delegation meeting with Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf at the Prime Minister House, Islamabad on December 17, 2012. Photo: Press Information Department, Government of Pakistan

A delegation of separatists leaders from Jammu and Kashmir on a visit to Pakistan last month also met Hafiz Saeed and Syed Salahuddin, who India has named as terror masterminds. The duo told a delegation of separatists from Jammu and Kashmir that armed militancy would revive in the Valley in 2014, TEHELKA has learnt.

Saeed is wanted in India for several acts of terror, including the November 2008 attack by 10 Pakistani gunmen in Mumbai that left 174 people dead. While India has maintained that Saeed was behind the terror attack, the latter has denied the charge. Even Pakistan has expressed its inability to prosecute Saeed, citing lack of “credible” evidence.

“Both Saeed and Salahuddin told us that militancy in Kashmir would escalate after the US-led international troops depart from Afghanistan in 2014,” one of the delegates told TEHELKA.

The delegation also met Pakistan Army Chief, Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, who ruled out Islamabad’s support for armed militancy in Kashmir in the future. Kayani urged the separatists to work towards a consensus among themselves, while accommodating the views of the hardliners.

While the meeting with Kayani in Islamabad was well-publicised, those with Saeed in Lahore and Hizbul Mujahideen supremo Salahuddin in Islamabad were kept private. Hizbul Mujahideen was one of the first outfits to have launched an armed insurgency in Kashmir.

“Pakistani authorities believe that the Taliban insurgency would spill over into Pakistan and possibly into Kashmir,” said Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, who led the delegation. “Should this happen, they say, Pakistan would not be in a position to stop it.” The Pakistani establishment expects the fallout in the country of the exit of US forces from its northern neighbour to be messy and is wary of it.

Following the 11 September 2001 terror attacks in the US, Washington had forced Pakistan to hold in check the militancy aimed at Kashmir in view of the war in Afghanistan for much of the last decade. With the coalition troops set to withdraw from Afghanistan next year, the Taliban is expected to make gains in that strife-torn nation.

”Saeed and Salahuddin think that with the US off their back, the militants would be in a position of command in Kashmir after 2014,” a Hurriyat delegate said. ”They say India won’t bargain sincerely unless armed militancy forces its hands.”

The delegation of Indian Kashmiri separatist leaders visited Pakistan during December 16-28, 2012. It included Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Gani Lone, Maulana Abbas Ansari, Aga Syed Al-Hassan, Musadiq Adil and Mukhtar Ahmad Waza. They were visiting under the banner of the Hurriyat Conference, an amalgam of Kashmir-based separatist groups.

The delegates also met with ISI chief Lt Gen Zahir ul Islam and had interactions at the National Defence University and the Pakistan Institute of Strategic Studies.

The meetings with Saeed and Salahuddin were unscheduled and took place on the personal initiative of some leaders “with no government role in the matter”, a Hurriyat leader said. They were “short and focussed on the situation in Kashmir”.

“Both Saeed and Salahuddin disapproved of dialogues between India and Pakistan,” he said. “They also said the war in Afghanistan had adversely affected the armed struggle for the liberation of Kashmir from India.”

India claims Saeed runs the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), a terror outfit that Washington forced Pakistan to ban shortly after the 9/11 terror attacks in the US. Saeed now heads Jamaat-ud-Dawa, which he claims is a social welfare organisation, but which India identifies as a front for the LeT.

The meetings between the Hurriyat leaders and the alleged terror masterminds are significant as the two sides have long shared an ambivalent relationship. Pakistan-based Saeed and Salahuddin have often dubbed the Hurriyat as “moderate” and slammed them for engaging in “pointless dialogue” with New Delhi.

This friction was blamed for the shooting of a separatist leader, Fazal Haq Qureshi, in 2009, after a meeting between Hurriyat leaders and then Union Home Minister P Chidambaram was reported.

ALSO READ: Kashmir’s Hurriyat leader says Azadi not a solution | By Baba Umar

Advertisements

Three Female Kurdish Workers Assassinated, All Shot In The Head In Paris Kurdish Institute

 

[Kurds blame Turkish intelligence, while Erdogan denies guilt, claiming that “It could be an internal score settling,”.   Sources report that the entrance was locked from the inside.  There have been no reports of bullet holes in windows within the first-floor facility, which might have come from balconies across from 147 Rue la Fayette.]

Sakineh lifeless

Sakine Cansiz……………….Dogan Fidan………………Söylemez Leyla

Paris, killed by a blow to the head three Kurdish women within an institution

la rebublica

For investigators is a real execution, the reasons for which still need to be clarified. The discovery of the bodies at two in the morning. The Kurdish movement in France: crime comes “at a time when the government turkish start direct negotiations with the leader Ocalan”

Kurds paris

The police outside the building that houses the Kurdish Institute in Paris (AFP)

PARIS – Three activists of the Kurdish PKK have been found dead in the night, killed himself with a gunshot to the neck, on the premises of a Kurdish cultural institute in Paris. The bodies were discovered shortly before two in the morning in a building in Rue Lafayette, in the tenth arrondissement. After the inspection, in a scene reminiscent of the movie “Three Days of the Condor”, the Minister of the Interior, Manuel Valls, has confirmed that it was a real performance: “A murder is unacceptable,” said Valls. Victims are Sakine Cansiz, one of the founders of the Workers Party of Kurdistan (PKK), Dogan Fidan, representative of the Kurdistan National Congress (KNK), based in Brussels, and Söylemez Leyla, a young activist. The two women had gone to find the Dogan in the early afternoon at the cultural center located on the first floor of the building, which can only be accessed by entering a code and then calling the intercom. At the door no nameplate indicates the presence of the institute. These and other details make the police believe that they have been the victims themselves to open the door to those who then murdered. Later in the afternoon, a Kurdish community in Paris has found the apartment locked and no one answered. The discovery of the bodies, however, occurred only in the night. For the representative of the Federation of Kurdish Associations in France, Edhart Leon, “it is a crime of State, or in any case a political crime. ” “If you were to point the finger at someone, it would be Turkey,” said Leon yet. The triple murder has shocked the Kurdish community in France: in the morning in front of the palace, guarded by police, has gathered a crowd of several hundred people. At the exit of the building coffins angry crowd chanted slogans against President turkish: “Erdogan murderess”, “We are all of the PKK”, “Free Ocalan”. ‘s performance comes at a delicate moment in the history of Turkish and relations between the Kurdish population of Turkey and the Ankara government. Recently, in fact, as stated by Kurdish sources in Paris, Erdogan has been in contact for a possible negotiated with Abdullah Ocalan – the leader of the PKK in prison on the island of Imrali since 1999 and in conditions of total isolation – to reach a truce in internal war that insaguina for decades the country. The PKK is an abbreviation for peak between the movements that carry the instance of the separatist Kurdistan nation now divided between four countries: Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran. The front turkish is the hottest and after the decision to embrace the option of weapons, Ankara considers the Kurdistan Workers Party a terrorist organization to fight militarily. The result is an internal war that continues to make victims between the army and militants. ‘s ambush of Paris fits so in a highly complex environment. The three Kurdish PKK activists have been killed in the night in Paris with bullets shot in the neck and chest. Their bodies were found inside a building on Rue Lafayette, in the offices of a Kurdish cultural center leghato the PKK in the tenth arrondissement of the French capital. The triple murder, which sparked a wave of indignation in the Kurdish community in the world, is bound to complicate efforts to negotiate a cease-fire of a conflict, the one between Kurdish separatists and Ankara, which has already caused more than 40 thousand victims. One of the movements closer to the PKK in France, that of the “young Kurds,” he asked, with a statement released online, “all Kurds and friends of Kurds’ right to reach Paris.

Severed head of Indian soldier yet to be found: Army

[It is reported that the attackers came in thick morning fog, dressed in black fatigues.  Throats were slit and then the attackers left, carrying one head with them.  After issuing a complete denial of Pakistani responsibility for the provocation, officials are now speculating openly that the infiltrators could have been Lashkar commandos.  They could have been commandos from any of the trouble-making spy agencies, trying to cause the situation which is now developing.   This is the same ploy, but blaming different militant outfits, was used in the opening days of Musharraf’s Kargil Gambit, when the original infiltrators were alleged to be Kashmiri militants or “freedom fighters,” even though most of them were later identified as Pakistani paramilitary troops from the Northern Light Infantry.  

Since that major interstate war, Indian researchers have claimed that Indian forces came to realize towards the end that there were no “mujahedeen” in the Kargil conflict, only paramilitaries.  The claim of militant Islamists originally came from the Pakistani side, to cover the Army’s asses, and to absolve the Musharraf faction for any responsibility for the debacle (SEE:  The Causes and Consequences of the Kargil Conflict).  Musharraf”s extremely bad judgement came to the fore in Kargil, yet Bill Clinton helped him to parlay an ignominous defeat there into a successful ten-year dictatorship.  We may be seeing something like Kargil exploding now into all of our lives, with the potential for Pakistan’s positive survival practically zero.] 

Severed head of Indian soldier yet to be found: Army

times of india

PTI

RAJOURI/NEW DELHI: The Indian Army on Wednesday said both the soldiers killed during an attack by Pakistani troops across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir were decapitated and that one severed head was yet to be recovered.

“The bodies of two soldiers were brutalised — one head was severed and another body was beheaded… It (the head of one of jawan) has not being recovered — probably they have taken it along with them”, deputy commander of the 25 Division Brigadier J K Tiwari told reporters in Rajouri.

The Army had not been able to recover the head of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh, he said. Singh was killed along with Lance Naik Hemraj in Tuesday’s unprovoked attack in Medhar area in Poonch sector.

The Army on Tuesday said one of the two bodies was mutilated while other sources said the heads of both the Indian soldiers have been chopped off and that one was taken away by Pakistani intruders.

According to Army sources in Delhi, the Pakistan army regulars who were involved in the attack wore black uniforms and they had slit the throats of both the soldiers in a brutal manner and that the bodies were badly mutilated.

Giving details about the incident, Tiwari said eight soldiers belonging to the 13 Rajputana Rifles were carrying out area domination patrolling (ADP) in two escort parties including 6 jawans on back side and two on the front about 600 metres inside the LoC.

Army officials said the fence on the LoC in that particular area in Krishna Ghati is built 2 Kms inside Indian territory and the Pakistani troops did not have to cross the obstacle to enter Indian territory.

Then men wearing black clothes, suspected to be from the Pakistani special forces, took benefit of the thick fog and dense forests and laid ambush, Tiwari said, adding that they fired on patrol party and fire fight continued for 30 minutes. There were also reports that the Pakistani troops belonged to 29 Baloch regiment.

“After the firing stopped, patrol parties moved ahead and came acoss the two dead jawans in a mutilated condition”, he said. The incident took place near the Sona Gali area close to the LoC.

The Mendhar area has been the hub of ceasefire violations and cross-border firings in the last one year with close to 90 such incidents.

The area is known as the Barasingha battalion area and is under the overall command of the 10 brigade of the Indian Army.