The source said there are currently 8,000 Saudi nationals fighting against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
According to a report by mirataljazeera.net published on Friday, a Saudi source said the bodies were delivered to the country in King Fahad International Airport.
The source said the Saudi regime had sent a number of diplomats to Turkey in order to facilitate the transfer process.
According to the source, the Saudi regime did not dispatch anyone to fight in Syria, and that the 70 people had been fighting on their own will.
The source added that there were four women among the 70 killed. He also said there are currently about 8,000 Saudi nationals fighting against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the country.
According to the report, Saudi Arabia’s intelligence sources help with transferring fighters to Syria through Jordan.
The Syria crisis began in March 2011, and many people, including large numbers of soldiers and security personnel, have been killed in the violence.
The Syrian government says that the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and there are reports that a very large number of the militants are foreign nationals.
Damascus says the West and its regional allies, such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey, are supporting the militants.
In an interview broadcast on Turkish television in April, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad said that if the militants take power in Syria, they could destabilize the entire Middle East region for decades.
“If the unrest in Syria leads to the partitioning of the country, or if the terrorist forces take control… the situation will inevitably spill over into neighboring countries and create a domino effect throughout the Middle East and beyond,” he stated.