ThereAreNoSunglasses

American Resistance To Empire

Nawaz Sharif/Taliban “Peace Talks” Defraud Pakistan, While Boosting Afghan Taliban

[This latest terror in the capital of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan takes place just 2 miles from last months’ attack on the Islamabad High Court (SEE: Judge, 10 others killed in Islamabad blasts, firing ).

 

Neither attack is by the TTP (which is playing parlay games with the Nawaz Sharif govt.), yet both attacks were claimed by this new TTP-affiliated group, Ansarul Hind.  While this is going on, Army pressure upon the TTP lets-up and support to Afghan Taliban terrorist attacks increases (SEE: Ceasefire With TTP Taliban To Strengthen Afghan Taliban Spring Offensive).  Pakistani practice of bold-face denial of every obvious proof that all of the Taliban are products of the Pakistani Army, coupled with American reluctant acceptance of every lying denial of Pakistan’s reliance upon terrorism making for an Afghan paradigm without logical solution.  We are not here to “win,” neither are we here to lose.  So the stalemate continues between the Pak Army’s games and the CIA/Pentagon’s efforts to sabotage the Taliban game with wild cards like the Ansar ul Hind and the Baluch Liberation Army and all the others, who persist in setting-off bombs when the TTP and Army are playing “peacemaker” games. 

There will never be a negotiated peace in Pakistan as long as the the two armies are deploying terrorist armies to advance political agendas.]

At least 21 killed, dozens injured in Islamabad blast

dawn

ISLAMABAD: At least 21 people were killed and 116 injured, some critically, on Wednesday when an explosion occurred behind the Metro Shopping center in the Sabzi Mandi area of the capital city, DawnNews reported.

Police and rescue teams rushed to the site of the incident after the explosion occurred.

Initial reports suggest that the explosive material was planted inside a box containing fruits.

Police said that a remote controlled bomb containing five kilograms of explosive material was used in the blast.

Police added that boxes containing fruits were brought to the market from the Punjab province.

The blast occurred at a time when labourers and early morning shoppers were busy purchasing fruits.

Police initiated a search operation and cordoned off the area.

Moreover, police arrested a ‘suspicious’ person from the location of the blast. Sabzi Mandi is situated in the sector I-11 of the capital city and a kachi abadi of Afghan nationals is also located in the same sector.

Earlier, Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Vice Chancellor Prof. Javed Akram said that 31 injured in the blast were given medical treatment in the hospital and the death toll was likely to increase.

Later, spokesperson Pims Dr. Ayesha said the earlier provided death toll was incorrect adding that 19 dead bodies and 73 wounded were brought to the hospital.

Following the attack, emergency had been declared in the hospitals of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

Also, Pims hospital made an information desk which would provide information related to dead bodies and the wounded persons.

The attack occurred just prior to the Corps Commanders’ Conference which was held today.


TTP condemns attack


TTP spokesman Shahidullah Shahid condemned the blast in the capital city, adding that the death of civilians in the attack was regrettable.

The spokesman also denounced yesterday’s bomb explosion inside a train in Sibi which had claimed 17 lives.

Moreover, Shahid said it was possible that some “hidden hands” were involved in the attacks.


Intelligence warned of attacks


The attack came a day before the April 10 ceasefire by Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) ends.

Intelligence sources had first alerted the police and government officials on April 3, 2014 that possible terrorist attacks in Islamabad, Peshawar and Quetta were being planned by militants who oppose the peace talks between government and Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

“Law enforcing agencies will be the main target of the terrorists, and in the case of their failure, any other official installation or public place,” one official said.

“TTP will choose the targets and the informal groups under its umbrella will provide support to the Ansarul Hind activists with weapons and other materials,” he added.

Security sources say the scenario looks similar to the terrorist attacks that quickly followed the announcement of a month-long ceasefire by the TTP last month. The most audacious of them was the bomb-and-gun attack on the district courts complex in Islamabad on March 3, which was claimed by Ahrarul Hind group.

60 people taken hostage in eastern Ukrainian city of Luhansk

[Russia will be forced into its own “R2P” (responsibility to protect) situation in Eastern Ukraine, if Russian citizens are endangered.  Putin will have no choice but to protect Russian citizens.  If the Ukrainian Fascists and their western mercenaries manage to cause an explosion of forces, Putin will step in.  Obama likes to poke the bear.]

60 people taken hostage in eastern Ukrainian city of Luhansk

ctv news

Police in Kharkiv, UkraineMembers of a Special police unit guard the regional administration building in Kharkiv, Ukraine, Tuesday, April 8, 2014. (AP Photo/Olga Ivashchenko)

Peter Leonard, The Associated Press

DONETSK, Ukraine — Ukraine’s government struggled to stay in control of the country’s eastern regions as tensions flared Tuesday in three cities. While the government managed to recapture its regional headquarters and detain dozens of pro-Russian protesters in one city, it said “radicals” were keeping 60 people hostage and threatening them in another city.

Unknown “separatists” with weapons and explosives were threatening the hostages inside a security service branch in the city of Luhansk, the Ukrainian Security Service said in a statement Tuesday.

It was not clear who the hostages were or if they were security service employees. The building was seized Sunday by armed pro-Russian protesters.

Earlier Tuesday, Ukrainian authorities battled with pro-Russian protesters but regained control over a government building in Kharkiv, the country’s second-largest city, evicting the protesters and detaining dozens.

In Donetsk, a city 250 kilometres (155 miles) further south, protesters dug in for their third day at the 11-story regional administration headquarters they captured on Sunday and began to declare their own parallel government.

Serhiy Taruta, the governor of Donetsk, scoffed at the shifting events in his city.

“I call this a theatre of the absurd,” he said. “It is just artists performing, but the main thing is that there is an ever-dwindling audience.”

All three cities are in Ukraine’s east, where hostility is strong toward the government that took power in February after the ouster of Kremlin-friendly President Viktor Yanukovych. Even though Ukraine’s interim authorities have achieved some success in quelling unrest that swept across eastern provinces Sunday, festering discontent threatens to undermine plans to hold a presidential election on May 25.

In Washington, Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday threatened Russia with tougher economic sanctions if it fails to back down from its involvement in Ukraine.

“What we see from Russia is an illegal and illegitimate effort to destabilize a sovereign state and create a contrived crisis with paid operatives across an international boundary,” Kerry told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee .

Kerry called the demonstrations in eastern Ukraine as a “contrived pretext for military intervention just as we saw in Crimea.”

Addressing parliament in Kyiv, acting President Oleksandr Turchynov said security forces retook control of the Kharkiv administration building early Tuesday but several police were injured in the clashes with separatists.

Interior Minister Arsen Avakov described the measure on his Facebook page as an “anti-terrorist operation.”

In a session briefly interrupted by a brawl, parliament also voted to toughen the punishment for undermining Ukraine’s national security, imposing jail terms of up to 5 years for separatism.

In Donetsk, there was little sign Tuesday evening that government forces had any immediate plan to retake the regional administration building. The city has seen weekly rallies marching on local government offices, but on Sunday groups of masked men carrying batons burst through police lines to take over the building.

By Tuesday, lines of car tires wrapped in razor wire had been erected to deter any possible attempts by police to storm the premises. The tactic appears to have been copied from the anti-government protests in the capital, Kyiv, which led to Yanukovych’s overthrow. Just like in Kyiv, food stations have been created inside the Donetsk building, supplied by volunteers and residents.

No clear leader or agenda has emerged from the obscure group of pro-Russian Donetsk activists behind the standoff.

A declaration adopted Monday claimed sovereignty for what they called the “Donetsk Republic” and demanded a referendum to be held no later than May 11. While none of them have said they necessarily want the region to join Russia, they have also declined to rule out the option.

Despite claims by the separatists groups to represent all of Donetsk, a region of more than 4 million people, rallies outside the regional building since the weekend have drawn crowds only in the low thousands.

The seizures of the buildings and calls for local votes on secession were an echo of the events that led to Russia’s annexation of Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula last month. After Yanukovych fled to Russia, Russian troops took control over Crimea and the region voted to join Russia in a hastily called referendum.

The West has not recognized the vote or the annexation and has retaliated with sanctions against Russia.

Even as the United States warned Russia of more sanctions if Moscow makes further efforts to destabilize Ukraine, the White House announced a high-level meeting among U.S., EU, Ukrainian and Russian diplomats in the coming days to try to solve the crisis.

In Moscow, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Tuesday that the date and format of the four-way talks haven’t yet been agreed. He suggested that Ukraine’s presidential candidates could be invited to join the negotiations.

The Kremlin has pushed for a constitutional reform in Ukraine that would turn the country into a federation with broad powers for its regions and ensure its neutrality. The demands reflected Russia’s desire to maintain influence over its neighbour and prevent Ukraine from joining NATO.

The new Ukrainian government says Russia has no business telling it what type of government to establish.