Houthi Militants Reject Yemen Talks In Doha–Qataris and Saudis The Same

Militants to boycott Yemen Doha talks

yemen-post

The Houthi militant group announced on Tuesday it will not participate talks between Yemeni factions which are expected to take place in Doha later this month.
Spokesperson for the group Mohammed Abdulsalam said they don’t accept to go to Doha because there is no difference between its position and Saudi position toward their status or rather revolution.
GCC states described the Houthi takeover as a coup and reiterated their full support to the legitimate president and government.
He accused Qatar and Saudi Arabia of backing Al-Qaeda financially and logistically along with their support to the legitimacy of president Abdu Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
The remarks came a few days after the UN special envoy to Yemen Jamal Benomar said all factions had agreed to change the venue of the talks into Doha.
Hadi suggested to change the talks venue from the capital Sanaa into Riyadh after he escaped house arrest by Houthi militants.
The Houthi group and the General People’s Congress, which is led by ex-president Saleh, rejected that talks be held in Riyadh.
Meanwhile, Hadi is appealing for military support as Houthi militants and dissident forces loyal to Saleh are fighting the army in a bid to invade the south.
The president fled to Aden last month and he declared Aden as a temporary capital and Sanaa as an occupied capital.
After Houthis and Saleh tightened grip on power and placed Hadi and government under house arrest, Benomar announced all transition accomplishments had vanished.
The UN continued to affirm only political solutions can resolve the crisis.


YEMEN POST STAFF