[Taliban Doha office manager, Tayyab Agha, allegedly quit because of Pakistani involvment in the peace process. This article alleges that the Qatar Taliban office was created to separate Afghan Taliban from the Pakistani Taliban. This could be part of the Saudi/Qatar feud.]
KABUL (AIP): The head of Taliban Qatar political bureau, Tayyab Agha, has tendered his resignation as differences intensify in the Afghan Taliban leadership over the peace talks with Afghan government. Credible sources divulged to Afghan Islamic Press (AIP) that Tayyab Agha had warned the Taliban leaders in Pakistan against taking part in the first face-to-face peace negotiations but some Taliban ignored his directives and attended the Murree meeting.
�This is why Tayyab Agha stepped down and sent his resignation to Taliban leadership council,� the sources said.
Quoting the head of Taliban Qatar political bureau, the sources said the main aim of opening political office in Doha, Qatar, was to get rid the Taliban movement rid of Pakistan�s influence, especially on the political side, and that no demand of Pakistan should be accepted.
�Now, as the Taliban are holding talks through Pakistan, Tayyab Agha is angry and it is the main reason of his resignation,� the sources said. According to the sources the resignation of Tayyab Agha was discussed at least once by the movement�s leadership but has not yet been accepted or rejected.
There were reports that a secret meeting between the Taliban and Afghan government representatives was held in Saudi Arabia after the Murree talks.
The sources, however, said it was another kind of meeting. Following difference among the Taliban commanders over the peace talks, two Taliban leaders Mullah Abbas and Mullah Jalil visited Saudi Arabia but both have not yet returned, the sources said, adding Saudi Arabia also invited Tayyab Agha and persuaded him to take part in the peace talks.
It is expected that representatives of Taliban Qatar office may also talks part in the next round of direct negotiations likely to be held in Pakistan on July 31, the sources said.
Reliable sources in Pakistan said the talks were more likely to be held in Pakistan.
No letup in violence even after Pakistan-backed talks: Faisal
KABUL (Pajhwok): Javed Faisal, spokesman for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Abdullah Abdullah, on Tuesday said Afghanistan expected sharp decline after first round of direct talks with Taliban but insecurity continued to haunt the nation.
He lamented groups behind insurgency in Afghanistan still enjoyed active Pakistan�s support and they were not refrained from their activities despite Pakistani officials� pledges following first round of talks with Taliban.
Afghan government delegation and Taliban representatives held face-to-face talks last month in Murree, a tourist resort close to Pakistan�s capital Islamabad.
The government was sincere about talks with Taliban, he said, suspecting Pakistan did not stop supporting insurgent groups in Afghanistan. Afghan government expected dramatic decline in militants activities in the country after the first round of talks ended in Islamabad.
According to Faisal, the government was committed to peace talks with Taliban and would explore every opportunity that could guarantee peace and prosperity in the country.
He said the second round of talks would be held soon, but did not give information about the venue and exact date of talks with Taliban.
The second round of talks with Taliban were expected to kick start from july,30 in China, but government sources revealed that second round was also expected to take place in Pakistan.
Earlier, a Pakistan security official, who wished to go unnamed, said that second round of talks between Afghan government and the Taliban would take place in Islamabad as well. He hoped the takes would bear positive result.