“Internal” identity will be announced at a later date
Sources: suicide attitudes Suleiman Faqih Hospital in Jeddah .. Asian resident
Abdullah Barqawi – Riyadh
Informed sources confirmed that the suicide bomber who blew himself up with an explosive belt in the positions DSFH after midnight yesterday Asian resident in the third decade of life.
The sources indicated that the Interior Ministry will announce the identity of the suicide bomber after validating procedures completed.
The suicide bombing, wearing an explosive belt blew himself up in the positions DSFH Jeddah, was found in the bombing of a number of improvised explosive devices that have been revoked site.
The security spokesman had said earlier that when the second hour and fifteen minutes after midnight on Sunday, 28-1437 / 9/29 H, and at the intersection of Palestine Street and Hail Street near the parking DSFH in Jeddah, suspected security officials in the development of a people and his movements suspicious, and when initiated security men objection and see it and deal with it as required by the situation initiated blew himself up with an explosive belt, worn, and that within the hospital parking; what led to his death, and wounded two security men slightly injured, citing evacuated to the hospital, with no exposed one of the passers-by or present location of hurt – and thankfully – only damaged some parked cars in the site.
Security agencies have begun at the time of the criminal investigation of the crime, investigation procedures, and determine the identity of the perpetrator, and will issue a statement append including developments in it.
A suicide bomber was killed and two other people wounded in a blast near the US consulate early on Monday
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Monday, 4 July 2016
A suicide bomber was killed and two other people wounded in a blast near the US consulate in Saudi Arabia’s city of Jeddah early on Monday, the interior ministry said.
Also read: Fresh bombings in two Saudi cities on Monday after earlier blast in the same day
Security officers became suspicious of a man near the parking lot of a hospital, which is directly across from the US diplomatic mission.
When they moved in to investigate “he blew himself up with a suicide belt inside the hospital parking” at around 2:15 a.m., the ministry said.
The two security officers who approached him were lightly injured.
The explosion happened shortly before the dawn prayers after which Muslims begin their daily fast during the holy month of Ramadan.
Meanwhile, Lieutenant Mansour al-Turki, spokesman for the Saudi interior ministry said the suicide bomber was a “resident,” who was working in the Kingdom.
Turki also described him as a man who was in his 30s.
However, the spokesman said “[the culprit’s] intentions are still unclear,” since the area that was targeted had a mosque, security forces as well as the US consulate.
“Investigations are still undergoing,” Turki added, saying he can not disclose any further information until details are verified.
Picture shows the area near to the suicide bombing. (Al Arabiya)
A picture carried by the Sabq online newspaper appeared to show a large body part lying on the ground between a taxi and the open door of another car, peppered with shrapnel holes.
The interior ministry said that investigators were trying to identify the culprit. (Reuters)
Spokesperson: Jeddah bomber was a ‘resident’ working in Saudi
A spokesman for the US State Department told Reuters news agency it was aware of reports of a blast in Jeddah and was seeking more information from the Saudi government. He added that all staff at the consulate were accounted for.
فديو من موقع الحدث
اللهم من أراد بلاد الحرمين وبلاد المسلمين بسوء فأشغله بنفسه #تفجير_القنصلية_الامريكية_بجدة pic.twitter.com/JAUzRyvQr7
— دعبوش (@helal_e1) July 4, 2016
A State Department message sent to US citizens in Saudi Arabia noted the reports of the attack and reiterated earlier advice to remain aware of their surroundings and take extra precautions when traveling in the country.
In March last year the US embassy closed its main office, as well as consulates in Jeddah and Dhahran. (Google Maps)
A witness speaking to Reuters said the explosion appeared to have taken place about 20 meters from an outer checkpoint of the consulate.
There was no immediate word on who was responsible, but since late 2014 Saudi security officers and minority groups have been hit by deadly violence claimed by ISIS.
In March last year the US embassy closed its main office, as well as consulates in Jeddah and Dhahran, for a few days over unspecified “security concerns”.
(With AFP and Reuters)