TTP Continues To Wage War On Pak Army From Afghanistan

Three men gunned down in Peshawar attack

express tribune

Investigators collect evidence from the sight of a targetted attack on security personnel in Gari Sohbat Khan area of Peshawar on Sunday. PHOTO: EXPRESS

Investigators collect evidence from the sight of a targetted attack on security personnel in Gari Sohbat Khan area of Peshawar on Sunday. PHOTO: EXPRESS

PESHAWAR / ISLAMABAD: Three men employed by the army in civilian capacity were gunned down in the outskirts of Peshawar on Sunday, in what appeared to be a targeted attack.

“Three people have been shot dead in Landy Sarak in Khazana area,” SP Shaukat Khan told The Express Tribune. “The men, believed to be working at an army mess, were travelling in a white Suzuki Bolan when they were targeted by armed motorcyclists.”

PHOTO: EXPRESS

Talking to The Express Tribune a security forces official said all the three men were residents of Punjab and had been employed by the army, in civilian capacity, to supply milk to different units and messes of the army-owned dairy farm located in Khazana.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the military said the matter was being looked into and details would be shared soon.

Curfew imposed in Mohmand day after suicide attack kills 28

Investigators, who collected evidence from the spot, told The Express Tribune that bullets of 9mm and 30bore pistol were found from the site.

“From the surface, it seems like a case of a targeted attack. The attackers were on motorbikes who intercepted the vehicle,” they said and added that the investigation was underway and a final conclusion will be made after all evidence is collected.

A heavy contingent of police and the military arrived at the site of the incident and cordoned of the area. Areas which fall under the jurisdiction of Khazana police have been the most volatile areas in the current year with many incidents of target killing of police and security personnel traced back to the same areas.

The deceased have been identified as Iqbal, Abdul Rehman and Farid.

TTP claims responsibility

A breakaway faction of the proscribed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Jamatul Ahrar, claimed responsibility for Sunday’s attack. The group’s spokesperson, Ehsaanullah Ehsan, said in a statement that the TTP JA gunmen carried out the attack.

The Islamic State militant group also claimed the attack through its Amaq news agency.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s