More Disinformation From The Guardian On Taliban “Peace Talks”

[Here is another case where the British press purposely releases untrue NEWS about Taliban participation in fraudulent Afghan peace talks.  The Taliban have consistently insisted that there will be NO TALKS while Afghanistan is still under American occupation.  Whenever the Guardian or Reuters puts-out one of these pieces of disinformation, it is automatically picked-up and reprinted in hundreds of lesser news sources in perhaps one-hundred different countries.  Here it is in Russian…in Turkish, on both sides of Afghan contest, in India, even in Pakistan, which, above all other nations, knows that the report is patently false.  I am absolutely certain that the intelligence agencies of every major world power knows that the real Afghan Taliban are not meeting anyone in Qatar or Dubai, yet everybody plays along with Obama’s great scam.  I am somewhat shocked that Putin allows Sputnik press to go along with the charade. 

If anyone can make sense of this, I would appreciate a little input on this.]

No secret talks with Afghan govt in Doha: Taliban

Pajhwok1

KABUL (Pajhwok): Having stepped up attacks in recent weeks, the Taliban on Wednesday denied resuming clandestine peace negotiations with Afghan government representatives in Qatar.

A day earlier, a British newspaper reported Mullah Abdul Manan Akhund, brother of Mullah Omar, was among participants of secret the meetings held in September and October.

The two rounds of talks are the first known negotiations to have taken place since a Pakistan-brokered process entirely broke down following the death in a US drone strike of Omar’s successor, Mullah Akhtar Mansoor.

Mohammad Yaqoob, Mullah Omar’s son, may join the Doha group. Pakistan, which brokered peace talks last year, stayed away from the meetings, a Quetta Shura leader told the Guardian.

One senior US diplomat also participated in the meetings in Qatar, where the Taliban have been active on the diplomatic front over the years. The US embassy in Kabul refused commenting on the renewed peace push.

Attended by Akhund and Mohammed Masoom Stanekzai, the Afghan spymaster, the first meeting in early September “went positively and was held in a trouble-free atmosphere”.

Fierce fighting between government and insurgent forces in Kunduz, Helmand and several other provinces notwithstanding, a second meeting was held in early October.

“We reject the Guardian report regarding the resumption of talks between the Islamic Emirate and the Afghan government,” a spokesman for the insurgent movement said.

In a statement, Zabihullah Mujahid said: “Our representatives have neither met Masoom Stanekzai nor any other government official. Our stance on peace talks remains unchanged. Our policy on this is very clear…”

Advertisements