ThereAreNoSunglasses

American Resistance To Empire

Eric Prince (Blackwater) Rumored To Be Backdoor Dealing For Trump In Dubai

[SEE: Amway and Blackwater…Why Betsy DeVos Should NOT Be In Trump’s Cabinet ; Dozens of Saudi “Blackwater” Mercenaries Killed Near al-Manaseh, Yemen ; Blackwater In Yemen–search ]

“Blackwater’s Colombian Mercenaries In Abu Dhabi”

“Secret Desert Force Set Up by Blackwater’s Founder”

“Sheik Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan of Abu Dhabi hired Erik Prince to build a fighting force.

The Colombians had entered the United Arab Emirates posing as construction workers. In fact, they were soldiers for a secret American-led mercenary army being built by Erik Prince, the billionaire founder of Blackwater Worldwide, with $529 million from the oil-soaked sheikdom.

Mr. Prince, who resettled here last year after his security business faced mounting legal problems in the United States, was hired by the crown prince of Abu Dhabi to put together an 800-member battalion of foreign troops for the U.A.E., according to former employees on the project, American officials and corporate documents obtained by The New York Times.”

Blackwater founder Erik Prince represented Donald Trump at a secret overseas meeting convened by the United Arab Emirates in early January, two intelligence sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.

The meeting was first reported by the Washington Post, which said that Prince met with an unnamed Russian emissary close to Vladimir Putin. The Post said the meeting was an effort to convince Russia to stop backing Iran.

One U.S. intelligence official confirmed the Post’s account to NBC News, saying the meeting was with a Russian envoy. According to intelligence reports filed at the time, no Trump transition people were directly involved and it is unclear if the meeting was undertaken on behalf of Trump’s people or was a UAE initiative, the official said.

A second source said he believed the meeting was not about Russia. That source, a former intelligence official with close ties to Prince and the UAE, said the subject of the meeting was Middle East policy, to cover Yemen, Syria, Iraq and Iran.

Image: Erik Prince
Erik Prince sits during an interview in Washington on Jan. 31, 2014. Andrew Harrer / Bloomberg via Getty Images, file

A senior Trump administration official called the suggestion of a Trump-Putin back-channel “ridiculous.” Asked about the matter, UAE Ambassador to the U.S. Yousef al Otaiba told NBC News, “No comment.” Pressed on whether he could provide any context on any basis, he said, “Not on this one.”

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Monday night added, “We are not aware of any meetings and Erik Prince had no role in the transition.”

The meeting took place around Jan. 11, The Post reported and NBC News sources confirmed — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean.

The Post said the UAE agreed to broker the meeting in part to explore whether Russia could be persuaded to curtail its relationship with Iran, including in Syria, a Trump administration objective that would likely require major concessions to Moscow on U.S. sanctions.

Prince, who founded the Blackwater firm that became a private security provider for the U.S. government in Iraq, is the brother of Betsy DeVos, the education secretary in the Trump administration.

He was seen in the Trump transition offices in New York in December. Prince contributed $250,000 last year to support the Trump campaign and pro-Trump super-PACs, according to the Post.

The UAE has been boosting its investments in the Seychelles, Comoros, and other Indian Ocean nations. The president of the Seychelles has a close relationship with the UAE, which is funding a new international airport there.

The United States used to fly Predator drones out of the Seychelles but they were moved to other continental countries to bring them closer to targets. The U.S. and the Seychelles recently participated in a anti-piracy and counter-terrorism exercise called “Cutlass Express” early this year.

Advertisements

US/Afgan Troops Detonate Taliban Weapons Cache, 9 Civilians Killed In Blast

Wolesi Jirga Calls For Probe Into Helmand Incident

Afghanistan: 9 civilians killed in detonation of ordnance cache

Afghanistan: 9 civilians killed in detonation of ordnance cacheAfghanistan: 9 civilians killed in detonation of ordnance cache


Kandahar :
In a very unfortunate incident, at least nine civilians were killed when an Afghanistan army commando unit detonated explosive and ammunition caches which it recovered after raids.

Two provincial officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak with the media, confirmed that nine civilians, including two children, three women and four men from a single family were killed the explosions caused the roof of their house to collapse.

Omar Zwak, spokesman for the provincial governor in Helmand, said Sunday that soldiers conducted an operation in which they found explosive and ammunition caches and detonated them.

Rasoul Zazia, spokesman for the army in Helmand, also confirmed the operation in Lashkar Gah the capital of the province late Saturday night.

Russian Train Bombing Linked To Krygyz Native

[SEE: Ten killed, almost 50 injured in St. Petersburg metro blast]

GKNB: The explosion in the St. Petersburg subway was made by a native of Kyrgyzstan

 

 

Explosion in the St. Petersburg metro occurred on April 3 on a stretch between the stations “Technological Institute”  and “Sennaya Ploshchad”. According to Lentee.ru , an improvised non-shell explosive device with a capacity of 800 grams to 1.5 kg on the scale of the TNT equivalent worked. Most likely, it was laid in a bag left next to the doors of the car. Official authorities said that this is a terrorist act. GKNB Kyrgyzstan at 11.00 confirmed Zanoza.kg that the suicide bomber was a native of Kyrgyzstan, now a Russian citizen. From other sources it became known that the 23-year-old native Osh was born on April 1, 1995. When he received Russian citizenship, it is not known. It is also unknown whether he had any relation to the “Islamic state”.

“We are in close contact with the FSB of Russia,” the State National Security Committee concluded.

How many injured

  1. According to the National Anti-Terrorism Committee, 11 people were killed.
  2. The EMERCOM of St. Petersburg published a list of 51 people hospitalized after the explosion in the metro.
  3. The names and names of four women in hospitals have not yet been established (at 6 am Moscow time).
  4. The four victims are in extremely serious condition.
  5. Among the victims – one minor, born in 2001.

Almost all the wounded received barotrauma, their internal organs were damaged, amputated or fractured limbs, many craniocerebral injuries and burns, mostly faces and heads, writes Lenta.ru .

Are there Kyrgyz people among the victims or suspects?

According to the Kyrgyz embassy in Russia, there are no Kyrgyz among the dead as a result of the explosion . So far there is no information on whether there are citizens of Kyrgyzstan among the victims.

President Almazbek Atambayev has already expressed his condolences to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

As early as 9:00 the SCNS found out whether the alleged suspect could be a citizen of Kyrgyzstan.

What is known about the suspects?

First, the source of the publication “Fontanka” called the alleged suicide bomber of the native of Kazakhstan, 22-year-old Maxim Aryshev . The MFA of RK reported that it verifies this information and added that it can not be a suicide bomber, since among the dead his body was not found.

As Tengrinews.kz reports with reference to the press service of the consulate, a telephone call from Irina Arysheva from Almaty came to the Consul General of Kazakhstan in St. Petersburg, which reported that after the information about the explosion appeared, her son, a 20-year-old Maxim Aryshev, a third-year student at the St. Petersburg University of Economics. “ However, Maxim Aryshev does not look like a young man, whose photo is distributed on the Internet.

ГКНБ: Взрыв в питерском метро совершил уроженец Кыргызстана

Representatives of the group of independent investigators Conflict Intelligence Team (CIT) told RBC that Aryshev is probably not a terrorist, but one of the victims of the terrorist act.

“Вести.ру” referring to the public on social networks write that the suicide bomber could be Kyrgyz Akbarzhon Jalilov . Fontanka writes that Jalilov has been living in St. Petersburg for more than six years and is a Russian citizen. On Jalilov sent an orientation, is also being searched for his car Daewoo Nexia.

The Russian “Fifth Channel” writes that Jalilov “put in motion an improvised explosive device in the subway train that left the station” Sennaya Ploshchad “in the direction of the station” Technological Institute. “And he, as follows from the conclusions of the operatives, A self-made bomb at the station “Ploshchad Vosstaniya”.

Jalilov, according to the newspaper, has been living in St. Petersburg for more than six years and is a Russian citizen. On Jalilov sent an orientation, is also being searched for his car Daewoo Nexia.

ГКНБ: Взрыв в питерском метро совершил уроженец Кыргызстана

The rest of the Russian media reported until this morning that the terrorist was a native of Central Asia, but it is not known from what country he is. The suspect, according to various sources, is 20-23 years old.

No organization took responsibility for the attack. But Kommersant, referring to its sources, said that the terrorist attack may be related to the “Islamic state.” How many people were preparing the attack is unknown.

“The information about the preparation of the terrorist attack was provided by the Russians, who collaborated with the banned terrorist organization ” Islamic State “and detained after returning from Syria, he knew some of the participants in the sabotage group sent to Russia, but maintained only telephone communication with them.” The intelligence services officer was in the lower hierarchy Militants, explained the source of the newspaper.Having determined the mobile numbers of the alleged terrorists and punching them, the operatives found out that all the SIM cards were They are dislocated in the markets and are not attached to real people, so they were forced to limit themselves to listening to the negotiations of militants, hoping eventually to find them themselves or at least to find out the details of their intentions, “the newspaper writes.

“Fake News” Has Been Our Only “News” For Decades

America Plagued with Fake News and Fake TV Experts

America Plagued with Fake News and Fake TV Experts

 

The U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee recently held a hearing devoted, in part, to accusations that Russia initiated a massive “fake news” campaign against the United States during the 2016 election. It must be pointed out that the popularity of alternative foreign news sources for the American public came after the “dumbing down” of U.S. news consumers by a «infotainment» industry, headquartered in Los Angeles and New York, that dished massive amounts of «phony news» to America on a 24 by 7 basis.

When Russia Today (RT), China’s CCTV, Al Jazeera, Latin America’s Telesur, and Iran’s Press TV happened upon the scene in the United States, they became instantly popular for providing actual news instead of incessant pabulum about maladjusted Hollywood celebrities. After the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, many Americans were tired of their foreign news being filtered through the lenses of the Pentagon, Central Intelligence Agency, and Council on Foreign Relations.

No sooner had many Americans started switching their televisions to RT, Al Jazeera, and other international satellite news networks, American politicians like then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, herself no stranger to issuing forth propaganda masked as news, and their puppets in the media, began complaining about “foreign propaganda” aimed at Americans. The term “foreign propaganda” has now been changed to “fake news” because the Latin word “propaganda” was seen by the U.S. intelligence news manipulators as too hard for dumbed-down Americans in the hinterlands of the nation to understand.

To demonize Russia and the Trump administration in a single fell swoop, the CIA and National Security Agency permitted several former employees to take to the airwaves on television, radio, and Twitter to lambaste Trump for alleged connections to the Russian government and relying on Russian-directed “fake news” trolls and bots during the 2016 campaign. When the CIA, NSA, National Security Council, and other U.S. intelligence agencies encourage their former employees and retirees to take to public media, it is to advance a U.S. intelligence agenda. CIA field operatives are trained to lie. However, that fact is lost on U.S. media networks that are happy to have such purveyors of false propaganda to rant and rave about Russia, Trump, foreign lobbyists, and other self-invoked “demons”.

The biggest fraud is MS-NBC’s featuring a “U.S. intelligence expert” whose highest rank in the U.S. Navy was Senior Chief Petty Officer. This individual acts as though he enjoys access to all-source intelligence, something he would not have been authorized to view even on active military duty as an Arabic linguist for NSA. Chief Petty Officers, who are enlisted personnel and not officers, seem to have, at least for MS-NBC producers, been placed on par with two- or three-star admirals. This is but one example of the scarcity of individuals in the corporate media who have even a small degree of experience in the military or the intelligence community.

Another intelligence “expert” hired by CNN was transferred from the CIA’s Office of Gulf Affairs in early 2001 to the George W. Bush National Security Council. Yet, this chest-beating “expert”, who rails against “Russian influence” over the Trump White House, was unable to ascertain that Saudi and Gulf money was being used in early- and mid-2001 to finance a group of Al Qaeda terrorists who would later take credit for the 9/11 attack.

Fox News uses the “expertise” of a former CIA operations officer whose post-CIA claim to fame has been to appear on “shock jock” radio programs of such New York-based hosts as Don Imus and Gregg “Opie” Hughes and Anthony Cumia (“Opie & Anthony”). This particular former CIA officer has been a cheerleader for assigning all blame for Trump’s “Russia problems” on former national security adviser Michael Flynn, claiming that Flynn’s greatest “crime” was not being truthful with Vice President Mike Pence about previous lobbyist connections. Only in the minds of these professional purveyors of disinformation could lying to a creepy former Indiana talk radio host like Pence be akin to a “crime”.

Former high-level U.S. intelligence officials, including acting CIA directors Michael Morell and John McLaughlin, CIA and NSA director Michael Hayden, and CIA general counsel John Rizzo, have not been shy about appearing on television deriding Trump and his officials for Russia contacts. This points to a new politicization of the U.S. intelligence hierarchy unseen in the past. By beating the path to every television studio willing to have them on the air calling for severe retributions for the Trump White House, these members of the intelligence shadow hierarchy give rise to allegations of a “deep state” conspiracy against the U.S. administration.

The bloviating hyperventilation about threats from “Russia”, “China”, “Russian banks”, and the Trump White House coming from the lips of these hyped intelligence experts is nothing more than propaganda dictated by the information operations branches within the CIA, NSA, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the U.S. Cyber Command. These experts have been joined by members of Congress who are “bought-and-paid-for” by the CIA, NSA, and other agencies. These include House Intelligence Committee ranking member Representative Adam Schiff, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Senator Richard Burr, Senate Intelligence Committee ranking member Senator Mark Warner, Arizona Senator John McCain, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, California Senator Dianne Feinstein, and Oregon Senator Ron Wyden.

The CIA’s sudden conversion to an agency concerned about “fake news” is laughable since its over six decades-long history is replete with examples of news manipulation designed to advance CIA disinformation and propaganda operations. The CIA’s OPERATION MOCKINGBIRD was premised on creating CIA intelligence carve-outs within major American newspapers, broadcasters, and magazine publishers to promulgate false information. In so doing, the CIA created fake news stories to cover up the agency’s overthrowing of governments in Iran, Guatemala, Syria, British Guiana, Iraq, Laos, Togo, South Vietnam, Brazil, Bolivia, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Ghana, Cambodia, Chile, Australia, Chad, Suriname, Grenada, Fiji, Burkina Faso, Panama, Gambia, Rwanda, Haiti, Nepal, Thailand, Honduras, Paraguay, Libya, and Ukraine. The 1963 coup against President John F. Kennedy can easily be added to this list, as well as the 1972 Watergate operation involving some of the same Kennedy assassination conspirators that was designed to eventually depose President Richard Nixon.

The U.S. intelligence community is also orchestrating another McCarthy era in the United States. Former FBI agent Clint Watts, a newly-minted “cyber-security expert” who now works for the CIA-linked Foreign Policy Research Institute, founded in 1955 by anti-Communism crusader Robert Strausz-Hupé, was the star witness of a recent Senate Intelligence Committee hearing on Russian “interference” in the 2016 election. Parroting the 1950s-era anti-Russian propaganda of Senator Joseph McCarthy and Strausz-Hupé, Watts proclaimed,

“Through the end of 2015 and the start of 2016, the Russian-influenced system began to push themes and messages seeking to influence the result of the presidential election . . . Russian overt media outlets and covert trolls sought to sideline opponents on both sides of the political spectrum with adverse views towards the Kremlin”.

Watts told intelligence committee member Senator Marco Rubio that he was one such target. Watts would have the nation believe that Rubio’s questionable past as a Miami call boy male prostitute and his links to a Miami on-line gay pornography businessman were all the products of Russian “trolls”. However, the political dirt on Rubio was of the senator’s own making and non-attributable to “Russian” or any other foreign sources. The same goes for Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who was less-than-forthcoming about his Cuban father’s activities in New Orleans in the summer of 1963 alongside one Lee Harvey Oswald.

In a word, the congressional investigation of Trump and Russia, ‘fake news”, and the hyping of the coverage by the corporate media is all nonsense. If one wants a lesson in fake news, just read any legitimate history of the CIA, Operation MOCKINGBIRD, and the agency’s “Mighty Wurlitzer” of propaganda fed to a tongue-drooling and tail-wagging media.

%d bloggers like this: