Unidentified Gas Attack In Idlib Sets-Up An Obvious Replay of Obama’s “Red Line” In Ghouta

[This is an eerie replay of the previous gas attack in Ghouta, whether it was committed by Syrian Army, or a false flag attack intended to implicate Assad  (SEE:  Assad Welcomes UN Weapons Inspectors To Damascus On Monday, Then Gasses Hundreds In Damascus On Tuesday? ; EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack ).  It is curious that the stagers of this attack wanted it to be their answer to Trump’s recent clarification of his position on Assad’s removal (SEE: Trump’s shift on Syria to strengthen hand of Assad ; US no longer focused on removing Assad from power in Syria, ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley says ; McCain Furious At Rex Tillerson For Saying Assad Can Stay ).
The following statement released by the White House clearly demonstrates Trump’s assessment of the attack, blaming it squarely upon Bashar Assad.] 

-Pres. Donald Trump

[Mr. Trump will now have to explain the apparent contradiction between his two positions, in light of the latest war crime in Syria.]

source

Chemical attack kills dozens in northern Syria

syria-gas-attack-2-1491307161.jpg

Syrian boy injured during a suspected regime-led chemical attack being moved to a hospital in Idlib. Activists

At least 58 people, including 11 children, died in a suspected gas attack in Syria’s northwestern Idlib province, local sources reported on Tuesday.

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), people choked or fainted after the attack, while some were seen foaming at the mouth.

The SOHR said it had received the reports from medics on the ground in the town of Khan Sheikhoun.

Hours later, a small field hospital in the region was struck and destroyed, according to a civil defence worker in the area.

The Syrian National Coalition (SNC), the main opposition group, said planes from President Bashar al Assad’s military carried out the airstrikes.

It was not immediately clear if the deaths had been caused by the chemical weapons or injuries sustained in the airstrikes.

Videos purporting to show the aftermath circulated on social media.

One showed the bodies of several young children being covered with a blanket, while another showed men lifting a body into the back of a truck.

In a number of videos, medics could be seen helping people who appeared to have breathing difficulties.

Rescue workers were pictured hosing down children.

More than 60 people were reportedly injured in the airstrikes.

“At 18 cases had been taken to a hospital in Sarmin town. Because of the number of wounded, they have been distributed around in rural Idlib,” local media activist Mohammed Hassoun said.

“They were unconscious, they had seizures and when oxygen was administered, they bled from the nose and mouth.”

Russia’s defence ministry said it had not carried out any airstrikes in the area.

The Syrian government did not immediately comment on the allegations, but last week said claims the government was using chemical weapons were “devoid of truth”.

The SNC called for an emergency session of the UN Security Council, blaming the airstrikes on the “regime of the criminal Bashar”.

It urged the UN to “open an immediate investigation and take the necessary measures to ensure the officials, perpetrators and supporters are held accountable”.

“Failure to do so will be understood as a message of blessing to the regime for its actions,” it added.

France later also said that it wanted an emergency Security Council meeting.

“The perpetrators must be held accountable. We need to address this issue at the Security Council, as soon as possible,” Alexis Lamek, Deputy Permanent Representative of France to the UN, said.

British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said: “This bears all the hallmarks of an attack by the regime, which has repeatedly used chemical weapons.”

“If this is shown to be the work of the regime, it is further evidence of the atrocities perpetrated against the Syrian people over six years of appalling conflict,” Johnson said.

Idlib province is almost entirely controlled by the Syrian opposition and is home to 900,000 people displaced from other areas by the 6-year-old war.

Advertisements

Hariri Family Construction Business, Saudi Oger, Flounders In Saudi Arabia

Saudi Oger awaits findings of project review – sources

 

 

* Saudi government commissioned PwC review – sources

* Review focuses on Oger’s major projects – sources

* Findings were due to be shared with Oger in Jan – sources

By Tom Arnold

DUBAI, April 4 Saudi Oger is still waiting for the outcome of a government-commissioned review into its billions of dollars of projects in the kingdom, which could help determine the struggling construction group’s future, banking sources say.

The findings – also keenly awaited by banks in the kingdom owed about 13 billion riyals ($3.47 billion) – were due to be shared with Saudi Oger before the end of January, according to the sources.

After dominating the Saudi construction market for years, Saudi Oger, owned by the family of Lebanese Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri, began to flounder as a result of cuts in government spending and payment delays.

The government appointed PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to conduct the review focusing on Saudi Oger’s major projects in the kingdom and examining claims about how much it is owed by the government, said the sources, who are familiar with the matter.

The review is likely to determine how much the company will receive in outstanding payments, as well as whether it will continue working on the projects, they said.

PwC, the Ministry of Finance and Saudi Oger did not respond to requests for comment.

The company is not believed to have been a beneficiary of recent moves by the government to pay some of the debts it owed to private sector firms, said one of the sources.

One source estimated Oger was owed about 30 billion riyals by the government and that many of its building projects, which constitute the bulk of its business, have been inactive for the past six months or more as the company’s cashflow had run down. Maintenance projects are the exception, and the company has continued to work on these, the source said.

The company has been struggling to meet bank payments since its accounts were frozen by authorities after several lenders took legal action against it, the sources said.

Alawwal Bank and Banque Saudi Fransi had recently joined National Commercial Bank (NCB) and Samba Financial Group in seeking court orders demanding payment.

The sources were unsure which projects were included in the review but, according to Saudi Oger’s website, among the major schemes it is involved in are the King Abdulaziz Center for World Culture, the King Abdullah Financial District in Riyadh and the King Abdullah International Conference Center in Jeddah.

The sources said one outcome of the review could involve the government making sufficient payments to the company to allow it to continue working on the projects until completion, at which point Saudi Oger would be wound down.

Bankers fear another outcome of the review would be the government making no payments to the company, leading to failure and banks losing the money they’re owed.

Whatever the outcome, bankers believe the situation could head in a similar direction as Saudi Arabian family conglomerate Ahmad Hamad Algosaibi and Brothers (AHAB). AHAB has around 22.5 billion riyals of claims against it after it collapsed in 2009 along with Saad Group, a separate Saudi business empire led by Maan al-Sanea. ($1 = 3.7501 riyals) (Additional reporting by Marwa Rashad in Riyadh; editing by Susan Thomas)

 

Obama’s “Condoleeza” Spilling the Beans On Her Boss’ Trump Psyop

Fresh evidence the Russia ‘scandal’ is a Team Obama operation

 

 

Susan RiceGetty Images/Nicholas Kamm

Do you suspect that the noise over Trump campaign contacts with the Russians is just a political hit arranged by Obama insiders before they left? You got fresh evidence of that Monday, with news that then-national security adviser Susan Rice was behind the “unmasking” of Trumpites in transcripts of calls with Russian officials.

Again, nothing on the public record so far shows that anyone on Team Trump said anything improper on those calls.

It’s no surprise that US spooks intercept foreign officials’ calls. But intelligence community reports don’t disclose the names of US citizens on the other end. To get that info, a high official must (but rarely does) push to “unmask” the Americans’ names.

Bloomberg’s Eli Lake now reports that Rice started doing just that last year.

That was perfectly legal. But we also know that the Obama administration later changed the classification of the “unmasked” transcripts, and other similar material, in order to spread the information as widely as possible within the government.

The motive for that was (supposedly) to prevent Team Trump from burying it all once it took over. But the result was that it made it relatively safe for someone (or someones) to leak the info to the press.

Which made it likely somebody would leak. So Team Obama’s “spread the info” initiative certainly broke the spirit of the laws.

Those leaks have produced a nagging political sore for the new administration — leading to the ouster of national security adviser Michael Flynn, helping to drive down President Trump’s approval ratings and making it harder for him to push his program through.

Rice certainly wasn’t politically naive about the political uses of intelligence information. She was, after all, the Obama official who famously made the rounds spouting the false “Our intel says it was about the video” line on the Benghazi attack back during the 2012 campaign.

All of this puts the actions of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes in clearer perspective. After viewing the Rice requests at the White House, he disclosed that Trump officials had been caught up in incidental surveillance.

All of which is a reminder that two issues are in play here: Russian meddling in the election, about which the nation already knows plenty — and the Obama team’s efforts to sabotage Team Trump.