Trump Sending 500 Man “Tripwire” Force To Saudi Prince Sultan Air Base

[Because of this deployment, Iran cannot strike Prince Sultan Base without risking killing a lot of Americans.  In this case, Trump proves that Saudi money is more important to him than the American soldiers he so often praises.]

[SEE:U.S. Military in Saudi Arabia Digs Into the Sand ]–NOV. 9, 1996

[SEE: America signals withdrawal of troops from Saudi Arabia–30 Apr 2003 ]

US to deploy 500 troops to Saudi Arabia amid Iran tensions: report

The troops will be sent to the Prince Sultan Air Base in the country, which is in a desert east of Riyadh, CNN reported, citing two unnamed officials familiar with the plans.

The deployment plan comes as the US continues to respond to the downing of a US drone by Iran in the region. After the drone was shot down, Trump pulled back on a military strike of the country when he found out more than 100 people would be killed in a planned operation.

The US also announced it would deploy 1,000 troops in the region after an attack on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman that the US blames on Iran.

“The recent Iranian attacks validate the reliable, credible intelligence we have received on hostile behavior by Iranian forces and their proxy groups that threaten United States personnel and interests across the region,” Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan said in a statement on June 17.

The plan also strengthens the Trump administration’s relationship with Saudi Arabia, even as congressional lawmakers have sought to punish the country, in part, for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Khashoggi, a US national, was killed and dismembered in the Saudi embassy in Turkey, allegedly by agents of Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

 

Ex-Saudi intelligence official attacks Qatar, threatens coup

Prince Bandar Bin Sultan [File photo]

Former Director General of the Saudi Intelligence Agency, Prince Bandar Bin Sultan, launched a fierce attack on Qatar, ruling out that things would return to normal with Doha unless it complies with Saudi demands.

The former Saudi ambassador to Washington warned Doha not to be deceived by the US presence on its territories.

Bin Sultan added in an interview with Independent Arabia that “the largest military base in the Middle East was Wheelus Air Base in Libya. When the revolution and coup broke out in Libya, one of the officers who carried out the revolution went to the US military base. The Americans then warned him of getting close to the base, so he told them that he came to inform them that that they carried out a coup against the Libyan king. The Americans responded saying that ‘this is a Libyan internal affair. The most essential thing is that no one gets close to the military base’.”

READ: What’s left of the Qatar siege?

Bin Sultan commented on that saying that “Doha is greatly deceived that the US air base is there to protect Qatar, while they do not know that it is there to serve Washington’s interests.”

He continued: “They can learn the lesson from what happened in Libya when Wheelus Air Base was the largest military base in the world, yet it did not protect the king from the coup.”

The Saudi official continued his threats by saying: “There is no guarantee for Qataris if they link this guarantee to the US base.”

Western reports previously revealed Saudi-UAE plans to carry out a military coup and overthrow the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani against the backdrop of the Gulf crisis that broke out on 5 June 2017.

Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, and Egypt continue to cut ties with Qatar, for the second year in a row, accusing it of “supporting terrorism”, a charge Doha has repeatedly denied.