The National Directorate of Security (NDS) on Thursday said it has dismantled a three-member key Daesh terror network in Kabul city which is involved of plotting deadly attacks against the country in recent years.
“This network is one of the most dangerous terror networks of Daesh group which played an active role in at least 29 deadly attacks in Kabul city,” the NDS said in a statement on Thursday.
Among those arrested is Mohammad Sharif whose alias names are (Ajmal, Naser, and Jaffar) who in cooperation with Abdul Wahid coordinated at least 29 suicide and terrorist attacks in Kabul city, the statement said.
“The third individual is named Saber Khan who after being recruited by Daesh opened a shop in ‘Bush Bazar’ where he was providing military equipment and uniform to those plotting suicide attacks in Kabul city,” said the NDS.
According to the NDS, Saber Khan was also sheltering suicide attackers of Daesh and their transfer from Nangarhar to Kabul.
Mohammad Sharif has confessed plotting 29 deadly attacks in Kabul:
1. Mortar attacks on the Presidential Palace on the Eid-ul-Fitr Day
2. Prepared five suicide attackers attacked National Army compounds in Qambar Circle
3. Firing a BM21 missile from 500-Family area of Kabul on the US embassy
4. Transferring a suicide attacker in Shashdarak area of Kabul and launching an attack on the journalists
5. Masterminding suicide attack on Pul-e-Mahmoud Khan
6. Plotting suicide attack on graduates of Marshal Mohammad Qasim Fahim Defense University
7. Launching mortar attack on Musala of Shaheed Mazari
8. Plotting suicide attack on protestors in Shahr-e-Naw park
9. Launching attack on Ustad Mohaqiq house
10. Plotting attack on a minibus of the students in Silo road
11. Plotting attack on employees of the ministry of Hajj and pilgrimage affairs in Baraki square
12. No details provided
13. Plotting attack on the camp of protesting female candidates
14. Plotting attack on the diplomates of the ministry of foreign affairs
15. Plotting suicide attack on Imam Zaman mosque in PD11 of Kabul
16. Plotting suicide attack on protestors near the election commission
17. Plotting second attack on protestors in Shahr-e-Naw park in Kabul
Confession of Abdul Wahid, Sharif’s crime partner
Plotting mine attack on Mufti Noman, one of the country’s scholars in Shakar Dara district of Kabul
Plotting attack on Enlightening Movement protestors in Deh Mazang Square in Kabul
Plotting attack on a car carrying Nepali nationals in Pul-e-Charkhi area of Kabul
Transferring suicide attacker on mourners of Muharram in Saki Shrine
Plotting suicide attack on Haji Ramazan
Plotting suicide attack on Iraqi embassy in Kabul
Plotting attack on foreign forces in 4th Mikrorayan
Planting mines in the airport road in front of the ministry of interior
Plotting suicide attack on Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan hospital in Kabul
Plotting attack on a gathering of Jamiat-e-Islami in Khai Khana area of Kabul
Plotting suicide attack on police HQ in PD13 of Kabul
Launching rocket attack on Kabul airport and the US embassy