[Once again, Mostaque sees the different path, the one which normal minds could not begin to imagine. But alternative visionaries like him is just what we must have to survive the world created by blind men.]
Pranab Mukharjee as foreign minister once frustratingly asked who was in charge in Pakistan. That was in late 2008.
A pertinent question if you are dealing with serious issues of state terror, involving the ISI and you want clear immediate answers. It is also a pertinent question because it is a constructive path towards resolution of ALL problems that are related to Pakistan. Obviously India wants to make sure such events are never repeated again, and the necessary situation arises in the future where India takes more pro-active action against Pakistan, fraught with all the uncertainties such situations pose for essentially a Third World democracy.
India needs to know that when dealing with Pakistan, they are not talking to a brick wall, with no hope of progress on anything.
Who is in charge and who runs Pakistan? It depends on the area of state you are talking about. Zardari and his merry band of crooks run the day to day affairs of the state. He came into power in rigged elections fixed by the USA through the ISI. He is morally and intellectually corrupt, and the USA loves him (same in Afghanistan) Zardari and his cronies are not popular in the country, and Zardari isn’t even popular within his own Party, but because he has the tacit backing of the USA he is the President of the country.
Zardari, as with his late wife are not strongly anti-Indian, and would probably like some kind of accommodation with India, BUT since he is a figure head president with no real power, surviving on the largess of the USA ($25 billion aid by various American dominated agencies), Zardari has no real room to maneuver on the BIG ISSUES that India rather optimistically offers to negotiate with him. Indeed it is the other way around. The USA through daily briefings by Anne Paterson, as next door neighbor tells the President of Pakistan what to do, and what to say. Many of Zardari’s speeches are formulated in the American embassy.
Behind the puppet politicians is the Punjabi dominated Pakistan army numbering unofficially at 800,000 and backed by 300,000 paramilitaries, and the all powerful and notorious ISI, staffed exclusively again by Pakistani military officers and their civilian operatives. Their sustenance accounts for between 6–8% of the actual GDP. The corps commanders wield the actual power, and is the unofficial cabinet of Pakistan, and the head of the army is the unofficial President. The Pakistan military decides on all matters of national security, and foreign policy; period……………so I suppose Khrisna and Pillai have been talking to the wrong crowd.
Here I go again…….Pakistan is a failed state created by the departing Raj. The departing power under the guidance of General Cawthorne created the ISI to centralise the power of the military in that failed state. “The ISI was the brainchild ofAustralian-born British Army officer, Major General R. Cawthome, then Deputy Chief of Staff in the Pakistan Army”(1948)…………..since there was no other powerful organising force to match the might and size of the Pakistan military within that failed society, it naturally thus became the main “political party” within Pakistan. The Muslim League was not a proper party, it was a mere elitist club given some energy by Jinnah, and covert British finance from 1940. It’s wholly artificial character with only one issue in mind meant that the Muslim League quickly dissolved from the political scene in Pakistan, once it achieved its one objective………………unlike Congress, under Nehru at least.
The UK nudged failed Pakistan towards the USA, and by 1954 a security Pact was signed and from then on the Pakistan military started developing close relationships with the USA, naturally. Most senior officers of the Pakistan military are trained in the USA/UK, which fundamentally affect their out look on most matters. Pakistan under the control of the military has been an aggressive anti-India power, even though there are no clear justifications for this. Pakistan attacked India in 1948, 1965, 1971 and finally in 1999, just when the Indian PM had arrived in Pakistan with great fanfare and expectations of reaching a final agreement with Pakistan.
India has always responded to such Pakistani illegal international provocations with moderation………..so the pre-occupation and paranoia of the Pakistan military about the threat from India is substantively unfounded. However the relationship of the USA with Pakistan has over 50 years metamorphosed to the point where it is clear to all that Pakistan is a wholly client state of the USA. The USA is the final arbiter of all major matters related to Pakistan…………….and this the people in the MEA, like Krishna and Pillai need to understand.
This is the real situation.
It is a sad spectacle that masterji USA does the dirty and implicates (26/11) on the ISI through their agent David Headley, which I happen to think is not true, but nary a word or whimper of protest from the servile Pakistani generals about their masterji doing the dirty YET AGAIN since 1965. But their political fronts in negotiation with India huff and puff when the MEA repeats the obvious conclusion from Headley’s admission. This is the sort of people they are……..people not fit to lead Pakistan, let alone negotiate complex International issues with India, as representatives of Pakistani national interests.
Pillai jumped the gun. His rather simplistic accusation against the ISI based on the American agent Headley’s, ‘Timely’ admission should not have been publicly uttered whilst in the full process of negotiating with Pakistan. Newspapers can make such broad accusations, but not politicians involved in sensitive negotiations. You should avoid intentionally and unintentionally playing to the domestic and international gallery. Such accusation even if true, puts the opposite side on the defensive and the proverbial corner.
What was Pillai implying by such a broad public statement? Was he saying that General Suja Pasha, down to the tens of thousands working in the ISI were responsible for 26/11? Is the whole Pakistani military culpable because the ISI is an integral part of the Pakistan military……including Kiyani, the former head of the ISI? In such a situation what is the obvious response of the Pakistani state going to be?
Everybody knows the Pakistani military is no good, one only has to see how the USA treats it with utter disdain……..and the ISI is at the center of the malaise that creates problems for the Pakistani state, never mind what they do against India. The Pakistani military with the ISI leading is the main cause of Pakistan’s national crisis over 63 years of independence.
Pillai does not need to rub it in with such an obvious fact, especially if you are in the middle of negotiation with the offending Party, and you are trying to extract some meaningful concessions from the state of Pakistan which is already on the defensive and on their back feet courtesy of Headley’s recent admission, and some of the frustratingly long incremental efforts of the political leadership in Pakistan. I am in favor of undermining the ISI, and its importance in Pakistani national life, but such strategies should be subtle and in coordination with the Pakistani civilian leadership. Bold sweeping statements of Pillai’s kind merely forces the Pakistani civilians politicians to close ranks with their military counter-part………..naturally. Otherwise they will be painted as unpatriotic.
Why then waste time negotiating with such a puppet corrupt regime? For the sake of Public consumption? Or the history books? For the sake of diplomacy? To be seen to be reasonable in the international arena? Or to be seen to be doing something in response to 26/11, because the alternative of military action much favored by the BJP/Israel is unthinkable?
India always needs to engage Pakistan, no matter what. Pakistan is the neighbor India didn’t choose. Pragmatically, failed state Pakistan has to be managed for India’s best interests. Negotiations is the only avenue through which gradually SAARC member countries, slowly dragging and kicking, full of mistrust sown over many decades, come closer together as a regional bloc. With India as the leading player in that bloc, and Pakistan a major country within that bloc.
India still an amateur has to learn to play the game of the bloc leader……..as of now India has excellent relations with Bhutan and the Maldives, and thats it. Various degrees of mistrust and animosity exist with the rest.
There is also the issue of momentum. If you keep talking to the Pakistanis, eventually, eventually this will bear fruit. Eventually some common ground can be found to build on. Mechanisms for security cooperation, intelligence sharing regular meetings of senior intelligence, ministers, military from the two countries and so forth……….these significant things can only be implemented through negotiations, which reduces the sea of distrust between the security of India with the security of Pakistan. For every visit by an important official from a gora country, India should make two to Pakistan.
Money matters……morals, argument, information, who is right who is wrong, the application of logic and rational are all important, but money also does wonders in a failed state like Pakistan. If India is serious about bringing Pakistan under its wings, India needs to buy Pakistan to the tune of $8–$15 billion of low interest loans over long periods. This money will buy peace and settlement over Kashmir finally, as will an FTA there after. The Pakistan military won’t be able to argue that India is threatening Pakistan again this time from Afghanistan. The facts will speak for itself. India is rich. India’s real economy is between $3600 billion to $3800 billion, with FCR at $285 billion. The rich in India have deposited $1500 billion in off shore accounts.
THE GUILT AND WEAKNESS FELT BY PAKISTAN, through Headley’s admission must be used to extract meaningful incremental concession’s from Pakistan in relation to their
speak in Hindi
They must be constantly engaged……..manner of a teacher speaking students……..no point expressing emotion publicly…..not constructive……..the negotiation then becomes a theater, a drama which for certain other powers is entertaining……..but leaves India empty handed.
Callous but in a nation where 32,000 homicides 200,000 suicides, 130,000 road deaths and countless number die from starvation………….then in the scheme of things such an act in 26/11 is not the worst crime that takes place in India, where the MEA spends the better part of its energy trying unsuccessfully to tackle the problem……..2 years.
Objective is to focus on the issue and overcome Pakistani obstruction diversionary tactics……..and in short order as soon as possible get real concessions from Pakistan over the issue of greater India/Pakistan terror cooperation through the ISI/RAW………and through diplomatic channels. At present the two agences don’t meet if ever…………………….
On the broader front India’s position is much stronger……..$1300 billion economy to Pakistans $170 billion, and militarily 4-5 times stronger even after spending a paltry 2.5% on defense………such advantages should be brought to bear on the Pakistanis in a constructive manner so that Pakistan eventually follows India’s line of thinking…….simply terrorism is destroying Pakistan itself…………it too is a victim, at a greater level.
What is undesirable is the Pakistanis putting up their hand and saying we did it……..that should not be the objective……since the Pakistanis are on the back foot as per the David Headley statements, that should be used to tie Pakistan into a security structure/mechanism which ensures such events as 26/11 does not repeat itself.
pre-meetings the agenda of the meeting should be exchanged……..parties to negotiation can add additional points if they are acceptable to the other party………and the onus of the meeting content should be on the visiting party (India)……Civil Law procedure…..similar…..rules of disclosure…..no surprises…..this means no new element, not agreed upon by the partie should be introduced………….and the Indians are perfectly within ther rights to keep Delhi constantly informed of all developments during negotiations, this is not unusual or sinister or constructive. Transparent clearly constructed negotiation the rules of which both parties abide by.
Indian Pakistani relations
POSTED BY ALI.MOSTAQUE AT 9:34 AM LABELS: INDIA PAKISTAN RELATIONS.
We mustn’t let the killers of Gandhi get away with high treason.
We mustn’t allow 1% of the population who are organized like the mafia, with access to the resources of the state, into setting the SIGNIFICANT POLICIES of the state through acts of High Treason against the very State to which they allegedly profess loyalty to, after murdering innocent civilians…………….then waving the flag, as self assumed national saviours.
It behoves all other parties in India who are mainstream and represent the silent moral majority to expose and decisively deal with such criminal elements.
Such action does not make India weaker, but stronger.
In that sense Gadkari’s recent street level petty slanging matches are quite understandable……….he who looks like a Mafia Don from Mumbai.
Congress asks RSS to come clean on terror link issue
by Times of India
With reports of alleged links of RSS leaders with acts of terror, Congress on Friday asked the right wing outfit to come clean on the issue and also called on the BJP to make its stand clear on “terror links” of such leaders.
“We call upon the RSS to come clean regarding all links of its senior leaders with terror. We also call on the BJP to make its stand clear on terror links of the leaders of RSS,” party spokesperson Jayanthi Natarajan told reporters.
Terming the reports on the alleged links as “shocking”, she said there was a need to get to the bottom and unearth the truth.
“While the entire nation is engaged in a relentless crusade against terrorism and forces of terror, what has come to light through such reports is the involvement of senior leaders of RSS, the parent body of the BJP, with terror groups and with specific acts of terrorism,” Natarajan said.
She recalled that BJP had accused late Maharashtra police officer Hemant Karkare of being unpatriotic when he started uncovering the “unholy link”.
(Then later soon after, in 26/11 he was the first person to be killed)
The spokesperson claimed that when Malegaon blasts accused Sadhvi Pragya was arrested, leaders Like L K Advani came to her defence.
“Till yesterday, BJP continued to defend them and the RSS,” Natarajan said, adding a”thorough probe” should be carried out by the government agencies concerned to unearth the truth.
Almost all terrorism in a country is carried out by the state itself, usually by elements within the military/security apparatus because they have the training, the logistics, organisation and the motivation/rational. Their primary motivation for such action is to influence political outcomes within the state, and nothing else……it is purely a political act:
1. In India a lot of so called Pakistan based Islamic terrorism is actually the work of sections of the Indian military and security who are under the influence of the RSS (RAW, IB with Police).
2. India has consistently since the early 1970’s promoted State Terrorism as a weapon with which to conduct its foreign policy, especially under and from Indira Gandhi’s rule…….against Sri Lanka backing the Tamil Tigers; and against Pakistan andBangladesh with destabilisation programs. This is not mere gossip, BUT fact………that is why Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan andBangladesh want to BUDDY up with China as a counter weight to a certain extent. Such action is based on actual poor experience with India, and not flippant whimsical state diplomacy.
3. During the early 1980’s with the approval of Indira Gandhi, again, RAW developed close relations with MOSSAD, and with the rise of the BJP in the 1990’s Indian security generally developed closer relations with Israel…under the doctrine of “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” But of course Israel is always a special kind of friend as the USA well knows.
4. Israel’s objective to the present is the neutralisation ofPakistan’s nuclear arsenal either through the USA or throughIndia. This has been tried many times against Pakistan since the mid–1970’s. The American occupation of Afghanistan is part of that rational. The present American destabilisation of Pakistan is part of that rational. 26/11 Mumbai was also part of that Israeli rational to get India into a war with Pakistan, and in the process destroy Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal. That was the political objective of 26/11.
5. 26/11 was the work of elements within RAW, IB working with the Mumbai police to stage and fix such an event, with Israeli help. The BBC and The Guardian reported people in Mumbai seeing white European men with guns in the vicinity of the terrorist attacks……….and that some of the Indian commando’s dealing with Nariman House actually found the Israelis “Hostages” who were actually doing the shooting. i.e “We saw white people shooting at us”……..in the other locations of terror again most likely Indians, or Israeli ops doing the shooting, and than explaining that away as Pakistan based terrorists.
6. ATS Hemant Kakare deaths is odd. ONE IS TEMPTED TO SAY THAT THE WHOLE THING WAS SET UP FOR HIS BENEFIT. HE HAD AN EXPLOSIVE STORY IN THE WORKS………….false flag ops by the RSS/MILITARY/ISRAEL. Hemant Kakare is the guy, ex-RAW who uncovered the RSS/military terrorism nexus in India…………….Thus the “incompetence of the Mumbai police” in relation to Kakare’s death, and “We failed to connect the dots” according to Home Minister P Chidambaram……is in fact not FAILURE by them per se, but the actions of people in positions of influence directing the staged event of 26/11 for Israel and the RSS agenda……state elections were due in several Indian states but mercifully sober Indian voters did not flock to the BJP rabid cause, unlike the Anglophone media in India CNN-IBN, NDtv etc.
7. David Headley is an American agent…..working for the DEA and others. His mother is Jewish. He is a key organiser of events in Mumbai.Reinforces the account of many in Mumbai who saw white people with guns carrying out the attacks around Mumbai. If he directly accuses Pakistan NOW, whilst in captivity in the USA, one must question his motivation for pointing the finger at his former “allies”, and whether it is not a ruse to shield his real connections and backers.
8. But hasn’t Pakistan partially admitted to 26/11? The corruption of Zardari and his junta is legendary. The Pakistan Supreme Court has ruled that many of the top Cabinet members of Zardari are BIG TIME CROOKS who should be doing jail time…..Zardari has given them a presidential pardon instead. Zardari came into power through rigged elections through the largesse of the USA in 2008. He has gone into purduh since, so loathed and hated that he is in Pakistan for good reason. ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT FROM SUCH A REGIME COUPLED WITH AMERICAN PRESSURE, MUST BE TAKEN WITH A PINCH OF SALT. Pakistan is a client state of theUSA, and the USA bankrolls and controls the ISI. Most terrorism in Pakistan is committed by the Pakistani state for the USA (Think Mir Sadik, Mir Jafar and Shaikh Ayaz)…..if it will help watch the whole shoddy serial of Tipu Sultan, and see what people can do to their own for greed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy4Qf1JSZbk see the actual basis of South Asian failure, where the ruling elite loot and plunder South Asia into foreign off shore accounts.
9. What about Ajmal and the 9 dead men = 10 terrorists on 26/11. Well in India lets see, there are about 32,000 homicides each year; 200,000 = suicides; 130,000 road accident deaths; a few hundred thousand dying from starvation……..Indian morgues have a lot of dead bodies who can be mutilated, scared and passed off as alleged terrorists in Mumbai, and a handful of hapless captive Pakistani tourists who really ought not have ventured into RSS/BJP India in the first place. Anyone of these hapless tourists can be passed off as a terrorists, and produced as such. It wouldn’t even surprise me if the American funded and controlled ISI actually supplied Ajmal for such a fake narrative. The ISI has handed over to the Americans since 2001,……. 700 alleged members of ‘al-QAEDA” who were sent to Bagram and Guantanomo. Pakistanis and Afghan nationals…….in addition some 3200 Pakistani nationals have “disappeared” due to the actions of the Pakistani security state working in conjunction with the USA, since 2001. Most of the 700 captured by the Pakistani security and handed over to the Americans have since been released by the Americans subsequently, many old men and some boys wholly innocent…….500–600 people. Ajmal confessing to being a terrorist means nothing; indicates nothing.
10. Siv Sena Mumbai, with the RSS in the background, in the vicinity….what does it all mean? The city has a notorious reputation at many levels. It is controlled by the Siv Sena Mafia who have publicly stated that terrorism as a means of political advancement is wholly justifiable…..and we are not talking of those off the cuff comments, but as a matter of party politics. Violence intimidation and threats is an integral part of Party policy. The Siv Sena and the RSS love Israel.”The enemy of my enemy is my friend”. Mumbai use to at one time be the center of the Jewish community in India ‘Bene Israel” with 40,000 Jews living and working in the Mumbai hinterland. It is very natural that such a city with such a reputation should produce such an incident with such CODED Jew dates 26/11, involving such numbers allegedly—10.
I do not need to be told about the bastardliness of the ISI, created by the UK in 1948……….made up of Pakistan military personnel. As someone haling from Bangladesh, I am well aware of the crimes committed by the Pakistan military where 3,000,000 innocent civilians were killed and 300,000 women were raped. I am well aware that in the final stages of the war when the Pakistan military knew that they would lose the war, they USED local ISLAMIC FUNDAMENTALISTS to kill 250 of the best and brightest of Bangladesh. We know the Pakistan military have a track record of using and backing insurgents in Kashmir since 1948. We know that since the 1970’s, 500,000 Pakistani civilians of the Deobandi persuasion have been trained to fight the holy war: 1) within Pakistan against Sufis, Shia and Ahmedis 2) Against India in Kashmir 3) In Afghanistan.
But we must also never forget that Pakistan is a state created by the British, who soon after independence helped them create the ISI in 1948. Then in the 1950’s the UK nudged the state into the arms of the USA, and the 1954 agreement and the creation of SEATO. We also know Pakistan is a failed state number 9, propped up by USA largesse………….and run by the USA. The ISI is funded by the USA………….and American military/civilian officials make daily visits to the country, if it has not been noticed.
In our rush to accept the official narrative of 26/11 set by Siv Sena run Mumbai, we must not over look the overall scenario in defending India’s true security interests.
POSTED BY ALI.MOSTAQUE