Top US Gen. Admits That 70% of “ISIS” In Afghanistan Actually TTP, Pakistani Taliban

https://i1.wp.com/www.khaama.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ISIS-Afghanistan.jpg70% of ISIS militants in Afghanistan are Pakistani Taliban: Nicholson

Khaama

The top US commander in Afghanistan General John Nicholson has said roughly 70 per cent of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terror group loyalists fighting in Afghanistan are the members of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.

Briefing the Washington-based journalists earlier this week, Gen. Nicholson, said “In the case of Islamic State Khorasan province, the majority of the members are from the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).”

Gen. Nicholson further added that many of these terrorists were forced out of Pakistan by the Zarb-i-Azbmilitary operation.

He said many IS fighters in Nangarhar province came from Pakistan’s Orakzai tribal agency.

“And they were former members of the TTP, complete with their leadership, who wholesale joined Islamic State, pledged bayt (allegiance) to Islamic State and joined them earlier this year,” Gen. Nicholson added.

This comes as the local officials in Nanagarhar made a similar remark regarding the terror group’s loyalists in Afghanistan earlier last month.

Provincial governor’s spokesman Ataullah Khogyani has said the documents obtained from the dead bodies and those arrested during the operations in Achin, Kot, Haska Mina and other parts of Nangarhar, reveal that they are originally residents of Orakzai Agency.

Khogyani further added that the intelligence information gathered by the government also reveal that the ISIS loyalists are mostly comprised of Pakistani nationals.

According to Khogyani, the residents of Tajikistan are also fighting alongside the Pakistani nationals for ISIS terrorist group who are mainly deployed after completing training in Pakistan.

The Afghan forces as well as the US forces in Afghanistan have increased raids against the loyalists of the terror group in Nangarhar during the recent months.

Both the Afghan and US forces conduct regular airstrikes to eliminate the supporters of the terror group amid fears they are attempting to expand foothold in the country.

Trespassing Pakistani Chopper Crashes In Logar, Taliban Captures Passengers

Pakistani-chopper-04-May-2016

Officials have confirmed that six people onboard a Pakistani military helicopter that crash landed in Logar province on Thursday afternoon have been captured by the Taliban.

According to the provincial governor’s spokesman Saleem Saleeh, the helicopter crashed in the Mati area of Azra district.

Earlier he said the helicopter appeared to have caught fire on landing. However, some residents in the area said the Taliban torched the chopper after it crashed.

It is not however clear what the Pakistani helicopter was doing in Afghan air space over Logar province which is close to Kabul.

Afghanistan: Six Pakistani men captured after helicopter crash lands in restive area

IBNS

new kerala

Kabul, Aug 4 : Six Pakistani men were captured by Afghan military officials on Thursday, after a helicopter crash landed in the restive Logar province of the country, reports said.

Khaama Press quoted Provincial governors spokesman Salim Saleh as saying that the helicopter belonged to Pakistan.

Saleh further added that the helicopter caught fire as soon as it landed but no one was injured.

However, the agency quoted locals as saying that the fire was set up by Taliban militants moments after it landed.

Obama Cannot Understand That He Inspires More New Terrorists Than He Kills

[One day, while sitting in the hot seat at his war crimes tribunal, Barack Obama will have confess whether his war policies were honestly the outcome of ignorance, or the result of greedy, malicious attacks upon the rest of the human race.]

US airstrikes undermining Afghan security, says former president

guardian

 
Hamid Karzai says commanders fighting Taliban who ask US military ‘to bomb Afghanistan are not representing the Afghan people’

karzai
Hamid Karzai. Photograph: David Levene for the Guardian

Sune Engel Rasmussen in Kabul

 

International efforts to help Afghan security forces regain control of territory taken by the Taliban are doing more harm than good, the former president of Afghanistan has warned.

Hamid Karzai spoke to the Guardian after a bloody week in Helmand, as the Taliban captured large swaths of territory where hundreds of British and American soldiers died.

As militants close in on the provincial capital, Lashkar Gah, government forces have sustained heavy losses. Afghan commanders have pleaded with the US military to intensify airstrikes. But, Karzai said, they should not.

“They are very wrong – they are terribly wrong,” he said. “Those who ask foreign forces to bomb Afghanistan are not representing the Afghan people or their interests.”

The comments echo sentiments expressed by the ex-president during his 13-year tenure. Karzai vehemently opposed US airstrikes and night raids on Afghan villages, which he thinks undermined Afghan sovereignty, along with foreign “interference” in Afghan politics.

“This denial of self-determination causes a lot of frustration and anger for the Afghan people, and that helps fuel conflict,” Karzai said.

The US disagrees that its military is making things worse – as does the current Afghan government. Last month, Barack Obama announced his decision to leave 8,900 soldiers in the country until 2017, further delaying a long-planned drawdown.

A recent report showed the amount of territory controlled by the Afghan government has fallen this year, dropping from 70.5% of the country’s districts in early 2016 to 65.6%.

In the past week in Helmand, where 410 of the 455 killed British soldiers in Afghanistan died, Nad Ali district was almost entirely overrun, bringing the Taliban close to Lashkar Gah. The government is almost completely absent from northern districts such as Musa Qala, Sangin and Kajaki.

But Karzai said those losses should be accepted as the consequence of Afghan forces fighting alone.

“If we cannot fight it ourselves, then we cannot ask a foreign force to come take it for us,” he said. “Those who take it have more ownership than we have.”

The former president said foreign forces should either leave Afghanistan to deal with its own internal conflict, or focus on the Taliban’s foreign backers in Pakistan, who Karzai blames equally for Afghanistan’s woes.

Karzai’s relationship with the US, who originally supported him as a spearhead for post-Taliban Afghanistan, soured so much that in 2013 Karzai refused to sign a security agreement allowing foreign troops to stay in the country.

His latest remarks are also a stab at current president Ashraf Ghani who signed the security agreement as one of his first acts after taking office in 2014, and who is nurturing a much closer relationship to US commanders.

“I have asked the Afghan government not to ask the US for aerial bombings of our country,” Karzai said. “This is chemicals thrown on the country every day. This is killing our fields, spreading disease, and not bringing an end to the war.”

Since his presidential retirement in 2014, Karzai never disappeared from political life. He remains influential, receiving throngs of visitors, including foreign ambassadors, at his central Kabul office. Some see his vocal presence in the fringes as undermining the government.

Karzai himself denied exerting pressure on the government “yet”, without elaborating on what that implied.

Many think Karzai is hardly blameless himself. Corruption is arguably the biggest ill tormenting Afghanistan, undermining its security forces and spurring public support for the Taliban. The corruption, while bankrolled largely by the inflow of foreign funds, was allowed to flourish under Karzai, and has so far proven impossible to curtail.

But western corruption allegations are out of proportion, Karzai retorted. Daily corruption in Afghanistan is comparable to other weak states, while large scale corruption “is a direct result of the US approach to Afghanistan, and the way they issued contracts”, he said.

Though Karzai emphasised that he is not “anti-western”, and that he is “very, very sorry” for British lives lost in Afghanistan, he warned that if foreign forces don’t change approach, those soldiers may have died for nothing.

“Nato has been here for 14 years,” he said, adding that foreign forces are fighting for the same districts as they were when they had 150,000 troops. “Are we better off? Do we have more security? No.

“It means something is wrong. The way things are done, it has been in vain for us.”